• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My storage solution

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
Bag off my pro. fits nicely on the tunnel using the link attachments as clamps. i have over 300km on the machine and the bag hasn't moved. The pro bags are the best.

20161221_111319.jpg 20161221_111347.jpg

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Looks like pretty good set up. Have to keep us updated on how well it holds up. As far as slipping out.

Dog-duster

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2014
Pueblo West, CO
I have the same bag mounted to my G4 and I think it's the best bag out there. I made some aluminium brackets to mount mine using the lock and ride latches and they've worked well so far. I'll take a pic and post it later. I did break one of the sides of the T-slot bar when I cammed the first one over because I left two washers on it and a 1/8" bracket is too thick for that. Overall though, once I removed the extra washer on each it made the setup really solid still and no breaking those expensive latch parts. I like how easily I can take the bag off also. My new sled will be getting the same treatment once it arrives.

F
I have the same bag mounted to my G4 and I think it's the best bag out there. I made some aluminium brackets to mount mine using the lock and ride latches and they've worked well so far. I'll take a pic and post it later. I did break one of the sides of the T-slot bar when I cammed the first one over because I left two washers on it and a 1/8" bracket is too thick for that. Overall though, once I removed the extra washer on each it made the setup really solid still and no breaking those expensive latch parts. I like how easily I can take the bag off also. My new sled will be getting the same treatment once it arrives.

Thanks for the info. That would great if you posted the pictures of your mounts

Dog-duster

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2014
Pueblo West, CO
Here you go. I used the Linq mount holes so the brackets have to be elongated a little to accomplish that. I decided on stainless carriage bolts to mount the brackets and nylock nuts underneath. I put a 5/32" rubber pad between the mounts and tunnel not only to keep it from wearing the powder coat but it makes a clearance for the T-slot heads. Neoprene washers would prob be just as good.

20170917_083535.jpg 20170917_083448.jpg

Last edited:
S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Perfect!

I've always thought this was one of the nicest bags. I really like the bracket idea off the Linq system.

I may look into powder coating them black. Looks like the brackets would almost visually disappear if they were black.

Thanks for the idea and pics. Ordering the bag now. :face-icon-small-hap

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
FYI for those who ride Doo and have no experience with this bag here is some info. The Polaris bag comes in 2 lengths, short and long. There is also an optional shovel holder on the top lid.

I have run these bags on my Poo for 2 years and it is the best one so far. I run the short version with the shovel holder.

I also put a 6' x 4', thick tarp, folded up under the bag and on top of the tunnel. This lifts the bag about an inch but does not get in the way and it doesn't try to fall out. The tarp is for emergency shelter, blanket, body bag, or for putting under a sled if the track locks up. It also protects the tunnel from sharp heavy items bouncing around in your bag. The tarp is optional.

The bag is quite durable and waterproof but should be opened to dry occasionally. The push and turn mounting hardware can break or allow the bag to slide along the Polaris mounting rails so many guys just use stove bolts for mounting.

The bag holds a lot of stuff and the zippers are pretty good but it is a good idea to use some velcro straps inside the bag to hold items from moving around too much when not packed full.

Overall I would give this bag a 9 out of 10!

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
Here you go. I used the Linq mount holes so the brackets have to be elongated a little to accomplish that. I decided on stainless carriage bolts to mount the brackets and nylock nuts underneath. I put a 5/32" rubber pad between the mounts and tunnel not only to keep it from wearing the powder coat but it makes a clearance for the T-slot heads. Neoprene washers would prob be just as good.

Dude, ill buy a set of those brackets with rubber if you make me a set. I was thinking of a way to mount that bag.

Dog-duster

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2014
Pueblo West, CO
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I didn't subscribe top the post so I wasn't aware anyone else wanted a set. I may try to find a local laser cutting shop that can make the brackets for me so I don't have to do the work by hand. If I can find one that will cut them for me without costing more than it's worth I'll make some sets to sell for those who are interested.

The catch for me doing them by hand is that I work full time with occasional overtime, teach part time a couple nights a week, have two young kids, and one or two other hobbies I'm into fairly deep. I will make an honest effort to find a place to cut them and maybe a powder coating outfit to finish them.

I'll keep you guys posted on whether I can get a few sets done up to sell. I suppose I may also have to look into buying up an advertising thread so I don't run afoul of the forum rules.

Premium Features