• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM 800/600 Etec fuel filter

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Thought I'd pass along some info on these fuel filters. They're listed for $31.99 from Ski Doo but if you get the filter from NAPA, p/n 3095, it's $6.39. Cut off the pinch style clamps on the sled and replace them with the screw type.

Took me about 10 minutes to do it on my 2014 XM. Just for giggles I blew through the old filter and the gas that came out was very dirty and black. A friend of mine turned me on to this and he said it made a difference in how his sled ran.

http://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/FIL3095_0478007288?interchange=1

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Any specific tips to replacing the fuel filter? Specifically on depressurization of the lines before you replace it, and repressurization after it is replaced.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Any specific tips to replacing the fuel filter? Specifically on depressurization of the lines before you replace it, and repressurization after it is replaced.
While I have never replaced my fuel filter yet, the filter pictured uses standard barb ends, so it must not be subject to high pressure. It must be before the fuel pump. Hopefully Big John or someone will confirm. If I am right, there shouldn't be any need to relieve the pressure.

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
I just swapped mine, just cut the crimp on clamps and install with hose clamps. The pump in tank only produces 40-45lbs, the injectors themselves produce the big pressure for atomization. Just an FYI for those of you running turbos, I was running 80-1 oil in my fuel with the aux injectors. Pulled pump apart and found a buildup of grey grease like crap on filter on pump and couldn't even blow through the filter on oil tank. Needless to say I'm not gonna mix fuel anymore.

Premium Features