• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALUMINUM TRACKSHAFTS AVAILABLE

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Track-shaft???

Thanks; It seems intuitive that 3 lbs less rotating mass would make a difference, BUT I would like to hear from some sledders with first hand experience on the Suzuki Pro-Climbs changed out to the lighter track-shaft before shelling out $250 and my labor.:light:

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I looked at this trackshaft at hay days and it has an extruded "X" through the entire length of the shaft. It looks very sturdy. I do not see that you will bend them. Maybe SSI could post up a picture for us of the internal bracing

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Well, my glued and clamped shafts have never failed for me but this Cat shaft has soft aluminum splines and that makes me nervous. The Polaris shaft has steel inserts on both ends.

Pick your poison, time will tell.

That is a good point as I was only thinking of bending the shaft not wearing the spines off of the end of it. The belt drive manufacturers all use aluminum pulleys so you're essentially relying on aluminum splines with those???

Last edited:

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Guys, it's a cat shaft that they tested and it comes on a factory sled for 2018.
We just put our drivers on it to reduce the price to you guys as a kit.

One thing about Arctic Cat's gears is the spline for the sprocket is quite large.
We have been using aluminum hubs on belt drives now for a couple years and they hold up just great.
Including several drag race sleds with over 600hp.

There is plenty of strength on the splines of both the shaft and the gears, especially with that many teeth.

Premium Features