• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bike man performance stage 2 kit

M
Feb 6, 2011
Has any one run a bikeman stage 2 Kit on a 2016 Arctic Cat I ride around 8 to 10,000 ft and cannot get it to run right I bought their weights secondary y-pipe pipe and head and cannot get it tuned in only pulling 7200 RPMs with the 68gram weights that they sold me any info would be great I would like to get my sled running for the season coming up so that I can enjoy it and not spend all the time on the mountain tuning

M
Feb 6, 2011
48 54 is the one they sold me I'm not for sure on what color of spring I installed the weights are the BMP adjustables with the brown spring

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
Has any one run a bikeman stage 2 Kit on a 2016 Arctic Cat I ride around 8 to 10,000 ft and cannot get it to run right I bought their weights secondary y-pipe pipe and head and cannot get it tuned in only pulling 7200 RPMs with the 68gram weights that they sold me any info would be great I would like to get my sled running for the season coming up so that I can enjoy it and not spend all the time on the mountain tuning

I live in Mn but go out west regularly. I bought bikemans clutch kit for out west and it was horrible. My sled would only pull 7200 rpms as well. I even went lower with the weights than 68 grams. I believe I went down to 64.. I took out the helix and spring in the secondary and went back to stock and still the same issue. So I believe the issue is with bikemans spring choice in the primary which I will change back to stock for this year. Joey was no help from bikeman as well.

M
Feb 6, 2011
Yes there customers service is very poor after spending that kind of money I try ed different spring and weight with the kit and is still didn't run right

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
If the helix is indeed a 48/54 that would be a helix that would be closer to what a turbo would use.

Like the poster above says go back to the stock helix. 68 grams is also a lot of weight for high altitude.

At high altitudes I have found that starting with lighter weights and less aggressive helix assures that at the very least I will have backshift and can have decent riding. Then I start to load the engine to get more performance. The cat 800 is a tough engine but it needs to have RPMs to perform, and when loaded too heavily it just gives up.

Last edited:

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Try a straight 43 helix in your 16. Stock was a straight 48 and it sucks at 10k feet. I also run an SSI green secondary spring 190/260. You may want some adjustable weights like Cutler so you can play with the RPM. I also run a 125/340 Speedwerx primary spring. I believe my weight was around 65 grams for over 10k. Sucks you have to dump more money into a setup that should be dialed in with a kit but clutching changes dramatically when you get up over 10k. Mine runs good with this setup though.

M
Feb 6, 2011
I finally was able to get ahold of Joey of bikeman he said that the kids should run about 72 gram weights that seems extremely high I am wondering if the pipes that they build are just too big for an 800 so far still not having any luck getting it to run

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I finally was able to get ahold of Joey of bikeman he said that the kids should run about 72 gram weights that seems extremely high I am wondering if the pipes that they build are just too big for an 800 so far still not having any luck getting it to run
I'm running 72, but with a 43 helix, SSI full pipe, domes, timing key, reeds, and 95 octane(50/50, av/91) never been over 8800ft, so big difference.

Premium Features