• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro tank and seat fit a switchback assault?

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Hey guys. Getting ready to snowcheck a 146" sks. I know it comes with the same tank/tunnel/seat as the switchback assault. Just wondering if anyone has done an rmk seat/tank swap onto a 17 switchback assault

Does it fit? Do any plastics need to be changed?

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Bump on this

I'm staring to see some seats for sale. Anyone know if this will work

As I side note I ended up going with a 17 switch back assault for $5000 Canadian cheaper than the 18 sks

I can make it an sks for less than 5000

Last edited:

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
To make the SBA into an RMK in terms of rider postion and ergonomics you will need the following:

RMK Seat
RMK Gas tank
RMK Console
RMK Overstructure
RMK upper/lower post and drag link
Misc bulkhead brackets (for steering post)

And after all of this, you will need to cut apart the RMK over structure to mate it up to the SBA boards due to the width differences and foot well design.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Ok thanks.

My biggest concern is the damn seat. I hate that trail seat

Is the tank that much different? May remove the seat of an axys pro x that we are rebuilding from an accident just to do some trial fits

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Like stated above, there is a lot of work.
Less work to buy a RMK 155 with no tunnel cooler, shortening the tunnel and swap to a 146 track and trails.
Then you got the base already and less to work with.
There is to much to change and swap on the Switchback chassis to be worth it unless you have a lot of time, money and fabrication skills.
If you still would like to have the SKS 146, buy a extra seat and see if it can be cut down to the width and height you want

Premium Features