• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Armor Tether

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Process

Can someone post some more pictures that will help simplify the install process? I have been meaning to install one for years now and i think its time to finally do it.
Thanks!!

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
I broke my "horseshoe" in the cold when I was trying to push it on. I just printed up a quick-and-dirty replacement and it works find. It is constant thickness, probably should have some contour like the original so it stays on a little better. This ABS is probably not the best material for cold, but I have some flexible filament that I plan on trying out if I start breaking these. Plus I can just print out a bunch and have plenty of spares.

HtFSt2T.jpg

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Question about an already installed Cat tether....
Can you go to the back side (fixed side) and cut the wires? Then splice in the pro armour and position it to a new location. Seems like that would be easier than starting all over going back to the plug or to the kill switch. Maybe this has been described already and I'm not catching it.

Sent from my telephone

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Question about an already installed Cat tether....
Can you go to the back side (fixed side) and cut the wires? Then splice in the pro armour and position it to a new location. Seems like that would be easier than starting all over going back to the plug or to the kill switch. Maybe this has been described already and I'm not catching it.

Sent from my telephone
Yes

GS6

Premium Features