• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15'm8000 elevation clutching ?

W
Sep 26, 2014
I bought the sled new and ride 0-3000 ' .. I thought the dealer had put in low elevation kit ( my bad for not checking or asking)..my first cat ... My question is would having high elevation clutching(68 g weights and helix for high elevation) cause some of the heating issues ? Does some over rev contribute to this... Yes i run sdratchers when i am on trail to deeper snow ect... My sled runs at 140-150 degrees in what ever snow condition i am in...or is it that i need to vent my sled?... I am obviously changing the clutching but was wondering if incorrect clutching was a factor for my temps?

I
Sep 23, 2016
My 15 m8 runs the same temp as you, I even shortened mine up to a 141 x2.25 and it didn't change anything. I ran cat 75gram weights, stock springs and a 44/40 helix and it worked good before I piped it and changed it up

W
Sep 26, 2014
Ok... Good to know... All the guys i ride with have pros so i dont have anybody to compare with.. I really like this cat.. Gonna 36 r and clutch it appropriately and it will be a weapon! .... Thanks for the reply

Oct 6, 2013
MDS primary weights and a cat 44/40 helix and it will pull hard at low elevation.

I have a spare cat 44/40 helix if interested.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Put 2.33 gears in it first. Then let me know what toy want next.

Or 2.42 gears 38* helix, machine the secondary, mds weights with a 128/295 spring. That will pull the hardest at that elevation and keep pulling.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
clutch kit option

Here is a really good option for you. We have clutch kits for long track models running at low elevations. The key is fixing the driven clutch from binding, and we do that with the torsion spring helix and spring combo. This will prevent coil bind and allow the clutches to go into over drive. This a very well rounded kit for great low and mid range throttle response, and strong top end pull. The clutch weights are adjustable from 64-80 grams, so you can use them for all elevations too.
Great for both on the trail and off the trail. And you can take advantage of our June pricing and save 12% by using code BDXJUNE12.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

ssicatclutchkit.jpg

Premium Features