• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BUDDS Code 1352... Again ?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Well not exactly, couple of weeks ago I was returning from a trip up in the hills. About five miles from the truck the sled suddenly bogs and goes into limp mode. It did it about six more times getting to the truck. So I hook it up my down loader, and it gives me a 1351 code, which states problems with the mag side coil. OK, so I bought a used one on eBay install it, and clear the codes. Went back out yesterday, epic ride and I'll be damned, if it doesn't doo the same thing again almost in the same location as it did previously, about 25 mi. into a ride. Conked out about three more times heading to the truck. Hooked it up today and now I have a 1352 code, which is the PTO side. I've ridden and repaired sleds for a long time, and never had to replace one coil, never mind two in less than fifty miles. Something fishy going on here... Any ideas ?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can you swap the new coil onto the PTO side and see if the problem returns to the MAG side?

Something does seem fishy.

P

pyxle

Jan 27, 2008
Maple Valley, WA
XM Coils

Not uncommon for a coil to fail on the early XM's, I can't remember how many times that coil part number has been superceded. I think they finally almost figured it out in 2016, so any of the new part numbers shouldn't give you any more headaches.

aerochip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2014
Utah
My 2013 did the exact same thing. One coil failed and a couple of rides later, the other coil failed.

Premium Features