• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

joined the MC club

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Snochecked a Mountain Cat last night, got Electric Start, it was only 300$ more. Should be a huge change for me as I'm coming off a 2010 M8, I'm really excited for the changes on the 18' and all the extras the MC offers. Already looking for upgrade parts for it:face-icon-small-ton

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Nice ! I ordered too.. Long time to wait. Realy expecting how the shocks work...

Lähetetty minun K10000 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yay!
Welcome to the club.
The proclimb is a very different chassis from the M-series. Do not get upset if the handling throws you off at first, it takes some adjustments. Once u feel comfortable u love this chassis!

Mountain Cat!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
congratulations

You wont be disappointed the new Cats are awesome. As stated earlier there will be a learning curve to the new chassis. I came off a 16 and loved the Ascender instantly, but i did struggle for a few days from my M to the 14 pro climb. Enjoy your new ride. If i were making improvements it would be the following:
Canada sled parts steering bushing
Better front bumper
Knee pads. I really like how the new panel holds your knees in, where the old ones were always spreading them.
Vented side panels
Cooker can or LW one (not to loud please)
There are many other improvements out there the sky or your wallet is the limit. These are ones I would do after riding one for a couple days.

Ol* Geezer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Also joined the club and ordered a ES 162 Mountain Cat and am now busy ordering accessories.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Why you guys are ordering the Mountain Cat with ES?

Just wondering why you guys are ordering the Mountain Cat with ES and not the STD with ES? Isn't the only difference the shocks and track? I have the ER now and keep going back and forth between the STD and Mountain Cat with ES for the wife. The ER was suppose to be my wife's but I love it and been riding it over my 925 lately. I was thinking if I get the Mountian Cat I could switch the shocks and panels over to my Sno Pro. But then I wonder the STD would be cheaper??? I guess I'm just grateful I have these issues! Please give me your thoughts or opinions or a different direction???? Oh and if anyone wants a 925 kit it will be in the swap meet.

F
Feb 4, 2008
ND
I'm also upgrading from an M8 this fall. Anyone know how much the weight savings is for the fuel tank and other components? It won't change my order, just curious.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Just wondering why you guys are ordering the Mountain Cat with ES and not the STD with ES? Isn't the only difference the shocks and track? I have the ER now and keep going back and forth between the STD and Mountain Cat with ES for the wife. The ER was suppose to be my wife's but I love it and been riding it over my 925 lately. I was thinking if I get the Mountian Cat I could switch the shocks and panels over to my Sno Pro. But then I wonder the STD would be cheaper??? I guess I'm just grateful I have these issues! Please give me your thoughts or opinions or a different direction???? Oh and if anyone wants a 925 kit it will be in the swap meet.

Yea you are pretty much right on the difference between the two. The MC gets an led head light and goggle bag also. The production models are to be fitted with lw drive, jack shafts and fuel tank. I am not sure if the std or es get the shafts, the es does not get the tank? I am sure many are thinking the same as you. In the past I have found it hard to upgrade models as cheap as you can buy them. The SP msrp is $1250.00 less than the MC, it is doubtful you can buy the shocks goggle bag and led light for 1250. If you were to get the sp cheaper it may become feasible. I know in the past AC didn't always mention every little change between models, and things can change between now and production. Let us know which direction you go as there will be high interest is this one.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Weight

I'm also upgrading from an M8 this fall. Anyone know how much the weight savings is for the fuel tank and other components? It won't change my order, just curious.

I have read 5 lbs on the tank, 4 with the LED (MC only) and just over 6 on the shafts. The shafts will be rotating mass which feels like more. I have read on shafts this size it's approximately a 4 to 1 ratio, don't quote me on that I am not an engineer. What I read over all was 17 pounds lighter. Some on here have weighted the ER and found the 162 to be the same as the 17 MC 153. The ER does not have any of the lw parts mentioned earlier. I am curious to see what the production models weight in at this fall. The ER I rode worked very good, one can only think the LW parts will be better just how much? Time will tell, its going to be a long summer.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE

I have never owned a new sled, and with the changes coming on the 18's and the 0% for 60 month offer I figured what the hell, shoot to the moon, time to make it happen. Plus I had a extremely busy year at work and didn't make it out as nearly as much as I wanted to this year, so I got some cathing up to do next season. I almost went with a Sno-pro which would save me 800$ but it would have to be in orange(not a fan). I was talking with my dealer and he's opinion is that the MC is going to be the best out of the box sled available, and I believe it.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I snow checked a MC 162. After spending a day switching between my 2015 and a early release 2018 it was a no brainer.
I was going to do the sno pro but I didn't like the look of it.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I snow checked a MC 162. After spending a day switching between my 2015 and a early release 2018 it was a no brainer.
I was going to do the sno pro but I didn't like the look of it.

I snow checked yesterday too. You been into the new car dealer in your area?

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
snow checked a MC. excited to try something new, coming off a lot of years on skidoo and still have a bad *** turbo skidoo in the stable (up for sale tho ) really like the new look and good reviews. I will have a learning curve on how it handles but I'm willing to learn.

I figured u gotta try that one fat girl in your life at somepoint haha

also looking for products to slap on her

Premium Features