• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120 convex or 129 yeti track ???

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
Looking to upgrade the track on my 2013 timbersled ST. With out weak Canadian dollar right now it's not very much more to go to the 129 yeti track and rail extension vs going with the new timbersled track. Has anyone had a chance to compare the two? 120 vs 129? Looking for everyone's input. Both tracks are a direct drop in to my 2013 kit, yeti is in the same
Province as me and can be here in a few days where as the timber is American and will
Take some time. Sorry if this has been posted I did a search and didn't find anything.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Don't know if there is any difference in good powder, but a few have mentioned the timbersled track is better on crust, ice, slick, etc. How much better i don't know, but presumeably because the yeti track pattern has fewer center paddles so less on the ground, at any given time, when on a junk terrain. Perhaps someone can confirm? That might also be a consideration worth checking into.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
whats your thoughts on the 129? you happy with it?

his 129 consistently out climbs the new style ST 120s 2.5s in the group. he also weighs less than my fat a$$ though. They both are a nice improvement over last years 2" though. Especially on the trail.

Premium Features