• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running big power without tough boy bearing kit?

S
Jan 5, 2010
What I am wondering is if people are running engines with this setup or more power (porting etc.) without the tough boy bearing kit and the stock crank is still going strong or if I am just reeds and better performing clutches away from snapping it off...

I have an 01 800 rmk with twin slp pipes and hi flow airbox(had a few hundred miles on this setup, only get to go home and ride a couple times a year). For next summer I am going to rebuild the engine with new pistons, top end gaskets and put in some Vforce3's. Rebuild the clutches, change to an SLP mountain helix, new buttons (as the backshifting is not so great), as well as rebuild shocks and hopefully get some antiratchet drivers.

Also if there is anything else that would be good for a low budget rebuild/refresh to help squeeze a little more performance out of my ride feel free to comment. Thanks.

DSCF0026.jpg DSCF0034.jpg

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
its ALOT cheaper to take care of a well known problem before something really bad happens.

its not a matter of if its gunna break, but WHEN!

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
It is need this more than any thing first! on the bottom end. Pm me for mr info>

What I am wondering is if people are running engines with this setup or more power (porting etc.) without the tough boy bearing kit and the stock crank is still going strong or if I am just reeds and better performing clutches away from snapping it off...

I have an 01 800 rmk with twin slp pipes and hi flow airbox(had a few hundred miles on this setup, only get to go home and ride a couple times a year). For next summer I am going to rebuild the engine with new pistons, top end gaskets and put in some Vforce3's. Rebuild the clutches, change to an SLP mountain helix, new buttons (as the backshifting is not so great), as well as rebuild shocks and hopefully get some antiratchet drivers.

Also if there is anything else that would be good for a low budget rebuild/refresh to help squeeze a little more performance out of my ride feel free to comment. Thanks.

motor parts 008.jpg

Premium Features