• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX 240 Questions

M
Jan 14, 2004
Since my Rx got stolen I needed a sled so I picked up a Nytro with a MCX 240 kit. It has a few issues that I don't like but the big one is that compared to my Rx its lame. I think it's probably working the way it's supposed to but it's kind of gutless. What should I be seeing for boost on this kit. What is the difference with the 270 kit and how can I reduce the lag on it. My Impulse Rx truly had no lag.

Here we go again.

M5

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
12 psi down low, 14 psi up high. These are guidelines some guys run higher but I would run a AFR gauge if you do. You can either wrap the header or make a shield for it so snow does not hit the header. Wont make a huge difference but will help. The 240 kit only uses the stock fuel pump and the stock in tank regulator, this is the limiting factor for the 14 psi boost. Everything else is basically the same.

The 270 kit has an external fuel pump and regulator as well as different mapping. On the 270 kit it will run up to 17 psi boost at 7000 feet on pump gas.

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I put a new belt on today after I pulled a cord and the sled came alive so obviously I've got some clutching issues to deal with as well. The last couple of days I was begining to think I might have made a mistake but it ran so much better today with the new belt that I think i can get it to where I want it to be. I'm going to look into the 270 upgrade for sure.

M5

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I have been running 15lbs at elevation with the stock 240 map and pump in the tank...no issues and it flat out runs:face-icon-small-hap Make sure its geared 19/40 and see what else miles had in there:face-icon-small-sho I think you will love this machine as you get used to it.....looks like you'll have something to do this summer hey?? Tunnel?? what skid is in it now?

M
Jan 14, 2004
I have been running 15lbs at elevation with the stock 240 map and pump in the tank...no issues and it flat out runs:face-icon-small-hap Make sure its geared 19/40 and see what else miles had in there:face-icon-small-sho I think you will love this machine as you get used to it.....looks like you'll have something to do this summer hey?? Tunnel?? what skid is in it now?

It's bone stock right now except the turbo. It's got an 09 track and skid which as you know are crap. The first thing I thought was it needed a 19 gear on top. What are you running for primary and secondary springs as well as what rollers? I know the clutching is weak on this sled. Basically I picked it up and went riding on it so no tuning at all yet. This summer I will get into it and build it up. I just need to decide how far to go with this one.

M5

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Hey Phone up Val simmons and send you secondary clutch to him and purchase his primary wieghts then try again. I have ridden a 240 kit with that clutch set up and it pulls almost as good as my 270 kit.

Premium Features