• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom front mount nytro

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
i am assuming he is speaking of the wire fed header. but back on step do you have any vids or picsof the other projects would like to see them go. how they sound, what the finished end product is, ect. just curious.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Easy there cowboy, sledhead162 asked for opinions and I gave my opinion about how the welds looked. He asked me to show some pics of my welding capabilities before making a comment so I did. He asked for opinions, so he is going to get both good and bad and im sure he is fully aware of this. I gave him credit for trying something new and building his own setup, just said that his welding needs some work.

Your welds look nice, but you didn't say that his welding needs work......you said "might want to do some more practice welding before building something". Bad choice of words in my opinion. His welds are good enough to be on something functional and are getting better all the time. If you guys lived in the same town there's a good chance you might be friends because you seem to have a lot in common. Lets be a little more supportive is what I'm saying.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
i am assuming he is speaking of the wire fed header. but back on step do you have any vids or picsof the other projects would like to see them go. how they sound, what the finished end product is, ect. just curious.

other projects ? u must be talking about my sled and and my buddies sled? i put pics up. I can get you more detailed pics and no i dont have any vids yet but I will for sure take some hope tomorrow we will be going out.

W

whitee

Nov 27, 2007
Billings, Cooke City MT
This thread perfectly demonstrates why this forum sucks now.

A guy starts a thread on his custom turbo setup and it turns into a show and tell about who can weld better?

If you don't have something positive to add go kick your dog, put don't post on here. We don't want to hear it.

X 10 nice build sled head you dont have anything better to do lunchbox???

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Wow looks like it's going to turn out great! Must be awesome riding the end product knowing you built it on your own. Keep up the good work:beer;:beer;

L
Nov 26, 2007
Sherwood Park, Alberta
lunch box where did i ever ask for your opinion or comment and to see your welds? what welds need work u never stated? just wondering i know its not the topic.

Sorry you are correct you didn't ask for opinions, guess I just assumed you wanted them since you posted pics. I guess I could have used different words but thats how the came out. Sorry I didn't give you a pat on the back it seems you were hoping for.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Looking good and being good are two different things. I think anyone that sleds has spent plenty on good looking junk.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I think anyone that sleds has spent plenty on good looking junk.

Speak for yourself. I for one have hardly ever bought something for my sled that I regretted, for whatever reason. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be some clutch tuning parts, but even then it was necessary at the time.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Speak for yourself. I for one have hardly ever bought something for my sled that I regretted, for whatever reason. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be some clutch tuning parts, but even then it was necessary at the time.

Well you must be special then. Countless stories on snowest of aftermarket tunnels cracking, 5000 dollar suspensions breaking, aftermarket tracks flying apart, 200 dollar gloves splitting at the seams, engines blowing up you name it. Everything sure looked good on the shelf so people bought it. Whether or not it was any good is another question.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Roest's opinion is a little biased for he has developed and sells aftermarket products.

Huh? Biased? I have started building some stuff that I couldn't find anywhere else. I am just saying that not everyone gets sucked into buying crap. And as far as stuff breaking, that can happen to something regardless.Had a Holz suspension years ago that ended up breaking. Was it a bad purchase? No.

T

TApeX_07

Wow this thread has really been great to read........ It started out nice, it included pics. Then went down hill fast. A little critizim never hurts, but C'mon guys!! Obivously hes proud of what he built and wanted to show it off. Nothing wrong with that! Look how much $$$ he saved. Good job on building your own set up!!

W

wilbilly

Dec 23, 2007
mountain home ,id
weld

Spooled my hat is off to you, anyone that goes into his shop and comes out with a part that he made is ok in my book . I will say unless you are going to ride on extreme hard pack for a long time you can lose the radiator it will cool just fine . And as far as your welding, as long as it holds and doesnt leak call it good . Remember what a welder cant weld a grinder will fix . keep up the good work and tell the rest to kiss your a$$

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
looks good, one thing that might help...Would suggest checking out the turbo tank from Trail tank, might be a way to tweak your turbo to work with it...

It was designed to fit the NW turbo kit (which is now built by Ulmer Racing)...Here are a couple pics...and might help with some of the ideas your having...

BlowinMedium.jpg

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
just wanted to update on how my kit is doing so far flawless no probs besides water in the boost sense line on my attitude box. but I always forget the video camera in the truck next weekend i will video. :DThanks Sledhead162

Last edited:
Premium Features