• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmet's n' stuff

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
I want to know what you wear and if you'er happy with the head gear you got?
I'm riding with a AGV helmet and Scott goggles, but I find the helmet somewhat heavy on the neck after a days riding and I'm thinking about changing to a THH helmet.
So: let's hear it:D

M
Oct 15, 2001
Forest Lake, MN
FOX V3 Silver Stewart replica with Scott 89Xi No sweats.

One of the lightest helmets I could find at 2.9lbs.

I ordered mine on line. A lot of places sell them for $375 and I got mine for $175

01035-2T.jpg

My girlfriend went out and came home with the same helmet only the Limited Edition pink one. Pretty sick helmet for being pink.
01060_285.jpg

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I have 2 just depending on my mood. And I like having a spare since I seem to end up on my head a lot :rolleyes:
You could probably guess I have a Klim F4. I love it. It does everything it says it does. I don't find weight to be an issue as it weighs the same as a new shoei vfx-w. Slightly narrow fit that's easily adjusted with different cheek pads. Some people may find that if fits a little higher on the head than a lot of helmets.
The second helmet is a Bell moto 8. Another fine lid. Light as well, and vents good, just not quite as good as the Klim. A more intermediate fit. The ear port on these is wide open and I find this helmet to be a bit louder. It just fits so nice though.
I'm really picky when it comes to what lids I will wear. I'm very safety conscious when I consider a helmet. Perhaps I've just attended too many seminars. I have a limitless choice of helmets and these are what I wear.
As far as goggles go. You will get a lot of recommendations. Scott, Spy, Smith, 509, Dragon, Utopia. Try them on with your helmet. They all tend to provide a little different fit and coverage.
I've been an avid Spy wearer for quite a few years. I've tried quite a few different brands and just prefer the Spys. Much better peripheral vision than a lot of brands offer. I never have fogging issues. All models come with no sweat foam. I wear the Alloy/Targa's on warmer days and switch to the Omega's when I need a little better coverage.
Happy Holidays.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
^^^^^^this guy sounds like a salesman to me;)

I wear a thor as well. No real complaints. Not heavy when riding all day. Pretty warm in winter and not too hot in the summer either. I do wihs the mouth piece sat a little closer.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I had the HJC for the last 5 years, and decided it was time for a new one this year. I went and tried on about 10 different kinds of helmets, and the most comfortable one for me was the Klim. I had already bought the Scott89xi goggles, so they seemed to fit pretty good in it.

I'm not sure how much it weighs, but it can't be much more than any of the other ones.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
^^^^^^this guy sounds like a salesman to me;)

I wear a thor as well. No real complaints. Not heavy when riding all day. Pretty warm in winter and not too hot in the summer either. I do wish the mouth piece sat a little closer.

Aw man, I hate sounding like a salesman. :rolleyes: I just get fed info all the time. And I actually try out a lot of the products we sell. You know you have to much knowledge when a simple question upsets an Arai rep and gets him on the defensive. I just like to share the info with all of you. And it keeps me preoccupied. But hey if you need something. You know where to find me. :D
Happy Holidays

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Aw man, I hate sounding like a salesman. :rolleyes: I just get fed info all the time. And I actually try out a lot of the products we sell. You know you have to much knowledge when a simple question upsets an Arai rep and gets him on the defensive. I just like to share the info with all of you. And it keeps me preoccupied. But hey if you need something. You know where to find me. :D
Happy Holidays

well my lid has about 1 more year left....so I'm thinking a short drive to Bobs is coming up.....or better yet Bobs could have a helmet demo day at the Spring Theilman ride.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Klim F4, Klim balaclava (a little short IMO), and Spy goggles. No complaints except for the balaclava being a little short.

Premium Features