• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM 450sxf 2014 set up triple clamps

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Guys on my cr500 with a 15 timbersled Lt I found it was best to put the forks as high as I could almost touching my handlebars in the clamps to get it to ride right.. what have you guys found is the best starting point for the KTM?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

E
Dec 19, 2007
I think it will depend greatly on the height of the track kit. If you have the mototrax, the sweet spot may be totally different than the TS. Also the mototrax ski might like more or less ski pressure. I would carry a 10mm t-handle with you on the first ride out and try it both ways.

The Mototrax doesn't have a shock in the back so changing the fork height might not even matter like it did with TS.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
For my FC450 and TS LT I found the best ride height was to the last ring groove at the top of the fork in top of the triple clamp. Hard to describe, but I have the triple clamps almost all the way up the fork leg.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
For my FC450 and TS LT I found the best ride height was to the last ring groove at the top of the fork in top of the triple clamp. Hard to describe, but I have the triple clamps almost all the way up the fork leg.

Thats what I thought... I remember guys telling me what worked for them and it was the opposite for the cr500.... I just wanted to make sure my mind was not remembering right... Thanks!

Premium Features