• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo Pro set up

V
Jan 26, 2010
Arvada CO
This is just for information trading purposes! I installed a Silber Turbo on my 2011 Pro. To start off i am 6'1" 265lbs so you will have to adjust your set up to compensate.
I started off by installing the kit using Justin's instructions and they worked well except there a few changes that have not been updated, but hope he gets them fixed for others. if any body has any questions about the differences just message me and i will give you my number so we can discuss the changes.
To start my set up I turned the oilier up 2 turns to add extra oil to the crank and a little more to the fuel. after that I decided to use 72g of clutch weight and run 9PSI of boost. I left the control box in factory settings just because I didn't know what to set it to:).
I decided to remove the oil linkage so i would max out the oil injection for the first 10 miles just to clean out everything. After 10 miles I installed the oil linkage back on and ran it for 10 more miles and turned the oilier to 1 turn above factory and replaced the spark plugs.
ran for a while and was hitting the DET a few times. looked around and noticed that the air box bolt had been hitting the bulk head. the closeness took care of its self:). so when you install yours check that!!
Ran for a while and it was running like a champ except it was a little bogging on the bottom end. I changed my setting all around and when i got the bogging out of the bottom i was over revving!! Decided to call it a day. Make sure you take the oil cap and do some mods to it, because the top will pop off when you are doing drops:) but there is an easy fix for that. also i will be machining myself a new cap with relief and will give you the specs if you require them.

went home and did a lot of research and decided to make some changes. Added 5 gallons of 91oct to start and pre mixed to 100:1 just because it makes me feel better!! removed the clutch arms and changed the weights to 76.5g and inspected all of the installation. Turned the boost up to 10psi. Changed the control box settings to:

G= 3
Y=3
R=4
G-B=4.5
Y-B=1
R-B=4.5

After all of my changes the set up seams to run Well!!!!!!
Next week i will be going out on Thursday to make a few more changes to see if i can get it dialed in!!!

I will post up any changes I make.

It is so powerful it is insane!!! Every time I hammered the throttle i could hear a tree hugger crying!!!

please feel free to message me and I will help out all I can.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I only rode it two times that day, A 163 that stands up!! Truely impressed and the sled wasen't even dialed yet, and the snow was mostly rock hard!! 1/4 throttle snaps up the hill, hit the cornice and hang on!! :rockon:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You always wanna run 91, no less. With ethanol, I don't know if straight 91 is enough for 10psi. Either run 1 gallon of 100ll to 4 gallons of 91. You should be able to find it pretty easy, living in the chitty and all. I'm running 50/50 100ll and 91 at around 12psi and not even hitting deto. Or you can use the race fuel recipe that some PRO riders use. It's a mix of tolulene, 91 and race gas. Could be spendy though. That's why I just use avgas and 91. I get my 100ll at the leadville airport for 4.75/gallon. That's the cheapest around and now almost the same price as 91 at the pump.

Glad you are having a blast.

D
Nov 27, 2007
There are several people who are using this stuff effectively. Cuts you cost significantly compared to mixing race gas.

18-Accelerator-can.jpg

V
Jan 26, 2010
Arvada CO
juice

so are they just mixing this with 91? Also who would be a good person to talk to about this stuff?

Online it is 252.00 (including hazmat) for 5 gallons.
It said 32oz per 10 gallons of 91 will give you 102
5 gallons= 640oz=32oz per 10 gallon= 5 gallons of mix will make 200 gallons of 102= .79 per gallon to take 91 up to 102. Unless i screwed up somewhere.
so that would make 102 for under 5 bucks per gallon at the moment.

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Leadville has avgas for 4.75 and you don't need to mix the stuff... I'm running straight av, tried cutting it with 3 gals of 91 but hit det at 10psi...

D
Nov 27, 2007
Ken, I learned about it from Lynn up at Felkers. Most of their turbo setups are using it. He's a Doo guy so not sure how much that helps you. I am going to try it next year myself. I'm running 16.5 domes and 50/50 110 or 114 in my semi "mod" motor. I don't have knock sensors so I will start at a pretty high ratio and scope it often. Lynn did say to run it only with the normal oxygenated pump gas we have around here. I don't do a lot of tuning and just trust in Lynn's expertise. My sled is a little nasty as you know and I've never had anything pop in the 8 years I've had it. Not sure who the Lynn equivalent is in the Polaris world. Probably dickhead Woog if you can get past his bipolar personality.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Ken, I learned about it from Lynn up at Felkers. Most of their turbo setups are using it. He's a Doo guy so not sure how much that helps you. I am going to try it next year myself. I'm running 16.5 domes and 50/50 110 or 114 in my semi "mod" motor. I don't have knock sensors so I will start at a pretty high ratio and scope it often. Lynn did say to run it only with the normal oxygenated pump gas we have around here. I don't do a lot of tuning and just trust in Lynn's expertise. My sled is a little nasty as you know and I've never had anything pop in the 8 years I've had it. Not sure who the Lynn equivalent is in the Polaris world. Probably dickhead Woog if you can get past his bipolar personality.

Your belt likes to POP....

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
BTW, I've run Torco SSO in my sleds since i've owned them. The owner before me ran sso in the 9hundo. Never had any issues, love the stuff. I will use Torco anything anytime!! I've heard good things about the octane booster BUT there are multiple posts about the stuff and im not sure they TRULY boost the octane as much as they claim. I wouldn't blink running the AV gas, not super expensive and you know what your getting. No guess work but im simple person like that. You guys down there have access to different octane race fuels at the track! Look into it and find the best price, grab a couple hundred gallons and share it with me!!! :face-icon-small-ton

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Different motors,different compression ratios = different fuel requirements.

True, but finding the right ratio of 100ll/91 is key. I think 50/50 for any sled is a good start. If it hits DETO, back off the boost pressure and then add 100ll and try the desired boost again. VAHILLBILLY is fortunate to have several race fuel stations on that side. Up here we are left with other options and 100ll is the way to go. It's cheap and gets the job done, plus the added lead wil not hurt the motor.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I wouldnt be surprised if the DET you had with 72g in the primary wasn't actually over reving causing the DET sensor to activate.

what elevation are you riding ?

Premium Features