• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best exaust cooker?

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
Whats the best cooker? Hot dogger, muff pot, ect?

Besides hot dogs and hot pockets, what do you like to cook in them?

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
I have a muff pot, all stainless. But cant seem to keep the clamp tight. Its like the pipe gets hot , the clamp expands and when the pipe cools down the pot is lose and bouncing around:confused: I ve tried stainless clamps, and even went with cheap clamps. Any ideas out there? Thanks Dino

T
Nov 21, 2008
Pioneer, CA
I gave up on those things a long time ago. I use a Jet Boil and Mountain House freeze dried foods. Nothing beats hot oriental chicken over rice at 10,000 feet. A cup of hot joe isn't bad either.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I have a Hot Pot...I am not sure if it is the same as a Muff Pot but it is all Stainless Steel construction. I picked mine up at the Puyallup Snow show for $25.00.

raceu4it

Lifetime Membership
sell more muff pot's, because of the stainless. and now we have the snacker packers, which is a oven bag custom designed to fit in either the muffpot or hot dogger, eliminating the mess left from cooking, price is $6.95cdn for a 5 pack, or $12.95 cdn for a 10 pack, plus a $1 shipping in canada only. if interested call 403-938-0930.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Eastern Oregon
Muffpot

I think that the muff pot is the only way to go. Chicken wings are amazing. Leftover Pizza is pretty good to. We have even taken leftover prime rib from the night before, and put them in cream of mushroom soup... best think i have ever tasted on the mountain.:D

J

JohnnyQuestUtah

Oct 30, 2008
Union Bench, Utah
Jet Boil

I gave up on those things a long time ago. I use a Jet Boil and Mountain House freeze dried foods. Nothing beats hot oriental chicken over rice at 10,000 feet. A cup of hot joe isn't bad either.

It's all about the Jet Boil , the boys can never get enough of my "Mountain Mocca":wine: brew !!

slide show 016.jpg

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Muffpot is bigger then the Hot Dogger, plus as mentioned--it is stainless steel.

As for cooking in it--you name it--it goes in--oven bags work great for the food then aluminum foil over it. Wings, taquitos, stew,smokies in BBQ sauce, burrito's-etc..

H20SKE...

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID

Bingo, also use that method. Plus it is there for you in an emergancy when your stranded in the Backcountry

Premium Features