• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen II handlebar rise

S
Feb 8, 2008
Dawson Crack
Im looking to raise my bars on my sled. Right now its got a homeade 2 inch riser. Im thinking about talking the block out then installing some old style rev bars or some m-cat bars.

Has anyone had a problem with electrical wiring not reaching with a high handlebar?

I know im gonna need a brake and throttle cable.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
My 99's just got a straight 2" riser on it ...

Go do a search in the Polaris forum for an "Ole Riser" if I remember right ...

Ther'es a guy that makes em tall for the Gen II's that have a 45 degree bend in them if I remember right.

I think anything more than 2" you'd have to extend cables ...

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
riser

"USUALLY" you can go 3 inches w/o splicing wire....Its the throttle and brake that will probably need extended. Sometimes you can bend the steel part of brake line to get extra length needed. Def look for a riser that will tilt forward or is angled or you wont care for bar positioning.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I'm running 4 on my Gen II and with creative work I didn't need to extend the brake or throttle. I did however have splice the wires.

Course now it's awful weak looking.

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
sledinshopnohood.jpg
[/IMG]
I run the stock 99 brake line with a 8" fly riser and no troubles. Throttle and electrical will need to be lengthened but its not really that big a deal.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I have 4 inch block on my 2000 rmk, had no problem with wiring, but i know when it reach up to 5 or 6 inch, you will need cut and add the wires.

S
Feb 8, 2008
Dawson Crack
i figure im gonna take out the 2 inch and throw in a 4 inch riser, i'll have to buy a brake and throttle cable but i think i should be able to undo some zipties and not have to slice the wires.

Premium Features