• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hifax too wide to take off!!!

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
it really is easy to pull the skid and put it back in it's much easier to work on out of there. But I widened two windows two years ago and have no problems that way either. They both work good. You will bust your knuckles any other way! I have proof...:beer;

T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
If you pull the skid a couple times it gets really easy, my best time so far is 2 min to pull and 4 to install, as im too lazy to loosen up the track.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Pull the skid??? Just cut a small hole in the window of the track! You only need to cut 3/8 or 5mm each side then put the sled in reverse and out it pops easy as !!
Mine was done two years ago and no probs with track strength.
yeah, use alernating windows on either side so it isnt as risky, but still is nothing. just open up a window 1/8" on each side, i have done this on 3 sleds, anywhere from 1-3k on this mod, and i have had 0 issues with all of them, the cuts look like the second i made them, dont hesitate to do it. pullin the skid is the biggest waste of time IMO...

S

Swelly

Man, pull the skid. If you have one bolt that spins the shaft, tighten the other back up. Start with the on that spins. If you have a impact it makes life easy for removal.. No impacts for the install though. On my vector Hifax is a yearly issue. 30-45 minutes start to finish. Pulling the skid, complete grease and back to together and track adjusted with new hifax.

Premium Features