• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex extension - how long can i go

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
I Have a 121" shortie and looking to extend it for a trip out west, how long can I go on the tunnel? I was thinking of getting a cheap 144-153 suspension and track then mounting it in my shortie tunnel, are they much different then the mountain tunnels? Can I add a extension on my short tunnel and be fine? Thanks!

T

Twisted Boost

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Apple Capitol, Wa
I Have a 121" shortie and looking to extend it for a trip out west, how long can I go on the tunnel? I was thinking of getting a cheap 144-153 suspension and track then mounting it in my shortie tunnel, are they much different then the mountain tunnels? Can I add a extension on my short tunnel and be fine? Thanks!

Kinger this might help... It can be done..:D

http://www.hartmaninc.com/apex2006.html

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Hey kinger,

I've got a more or less complete rear skid out of an 04 RX-1 Mountain. It's a 151" and you can have it for the freight costs. It's pretty heavy, but you might be able to make something out of it for your trip. Where did you end up deciding to go?

:beer;
scmurs

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
I put a 153 under my RTX with very little trouble. Got a lightly used Nytro MTX skid and used Challenger track, a tunnel extension through Ulmer Racing, and Timbersled drop brackets, plus a set of 3 inch extro drivers. About $850 in parts. You'll also need some mtn skis and probably a 2-3 inch riser for the bars. It won't get the highmark in most groups but it can hold its own in the deep for the most part and its a blast to ride. Now I just need to dump about 75 lbs to really finish the package. PM me if you've got any questions. Good Luck

Premium Features