• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shovel Mounting Kit

S
Jan 10, 2008
does anyone make a good after market shovel mounting kit to go on an 04 edge chasis with an extended tunnel (8" of tunnel behind the gas rack)? Preferably one that attaches behind the gas can rack, but in the engine compartment would be ok as well. Thanks

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
Some guys will use those aftermarket belt holders and jam the shovel handle into them. I don't like that system. My shovel is in 3 peices and I bunjee it under my exhaust pipe. Kind of a pain to get to, but i can't find a better spot and I don't like a backpack.

S
Jan 10, 2008
I always keep one in my backpack. If you and your friends get caught in an avalanche you might not see your sled and shovel til spring. Without a shovel to dig out your friends they are pretty much toast.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
I Got So Tired Of Taking Off My Pack Just To Get My Shovel Out, I Had To Come Up W/ A Different Plan.now I Attach My Shovel To The Back Of My Sled , And Bought One Of Those Snow Claw Things I Put Between Me And My B Wear vest So I Have One On Me At All Times.... Dont Notice The Claw There At All. Best Set Up Imo...now I Go Packless W/ A Small Tunnel Bag. My Neck And Back Couldnt Be Happier. This Probably Isnt For Everyone, But I Like It And Its A Safe Alterative

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
On your sled and on your back is the best and smartest method IMO.

I have one in my pack and one fits right in my boss seat. Ski doo came out with some equipment a few years back to mount shovel under the hood...sure it could work on any sled.

C
Jan 14, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Guys, you're missing the point of the question. He's asking for a way to mount the shovel on the sled IN ADDITION to the one he keeps in his pack. It can be a real pain to have to keep taking the pack off and on if you get into a nasty spot that requires a lot of shoveling. Nice to have a shovel right there on the sled quickly accessible.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
i carry 2 shovels like alot of other guys, one in my seat and one on my back

i think it's one of the best ways to go.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
One way to go would be to rivet or bolt some velcro to your tunnel in 2 places. Long enough so that you can wrap it around the shovel handle. One near the top and one just above the blade. You could add a small block of rubber on top of the velcro so the handle sits level with the back side of the blade resting on the tunnel. I would think some ski bumpers would work nice cause the v-shape for the spindle would keep the shovel from slipping out to the sides. If you use bolts, you can run it thru the rubber block and remove them easily if it doesn't work well enough for you. If you don't use any blocks then you won't have anything sticking up and in the way when you don't want the shovel there. Velcro is easy and very practical to hold stuff down and not worry about it. Anything else I would worry about whether it comes loose or rattling.

I agree that getting my shovel out of my pack is a pain. I have an 05 900 RMK and I kept the rear rack just so I could keep my 2nd shovel there for easy access.

Last edited:
S
Jan 17, 2008
you can mount your shovel on top of your cluch guard. your dealer should be able to get the stuff you need. two aluminum blocks and too shovel clips. the blocks will go inside your belt loops and the clips on top of them, works pretty slick

Last edited:
S
Jan 10, 2008
I got some good ideas, thanks. I think I will see if the clips made to go on the clutch can be attached to the tunnel instead. Would be slick if they did, that way I wouldn't have to open the cover to get my shovel, which could be hard in some situations. Thanks for the advice everyone

Premium Features