For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Currently: Not set.
catmodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BDX chaincase side cover with plastic DSI oil injection bottle

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has run the BDX side cover that replaces the factory oil tank with a 2 qt plastic bottle, to save weight. The plastic bottle has a spot for the new DSI oil pump. I was wondering how they are holding up, leaks or breaks or anything. I am thinking of run it so I can upgrade my 2017 xf6000 HC to the newer 2018 plastic.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Currently: Who needs 2 kidneys anyways.................. ..
Thanked 1,330 Times in 738 Posts
Dam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDam Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

stock tank does not weigh much, only weight savings would be from hauling less oil

in fact I think the stock is magnesium
“Today, we have millions looking for work, and millions of good jobs unfilled because people are simply not passionate about pursuing those particular opportunities. Do we really need Lady GaGa telling our kids that happiness and success can be theirs if only they follow their passion?”

Mike Rowe

Damn

Last edited by Dam Dave; 01-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Currently: Not set.
BD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond repute

They are 3.5 lbs lighter when the tanks are empty. The added dip stick is nice for checking the level easily and adding fluid. The drain plug is nice too.
It give you a lot more room on the side under the panel and makes things just easier to work on.