• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
The problem with the ecoboost is the heat it generates. Kinda surprised they ford hasn't started using an under piston squirter like GM uses. This helps control piston temps with oil cooling the bottom. The Ecoboost ends up spraying extra fuel on the Piston surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, and I have MORE black soot on my F150 Ecoboob/sexhaust tip than my diesels with a DPF filter do! I'm surprised it passed emissions.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Well, the new 2016 F150 Limited tags out at a cool $65,385 MSRP fully loaded!

And the 2016 F250 Platinum Diesel is $69,876 fully loaded.

It ain't 100K, but man that is one PRICEY PICKUP truck.

This is almost a no brainer to go for the f250. 4500 bucks for a pickup that is twice as capable, but yet, slightly more money to run.

I'm not exactly sure the difference in the bells and whistles, but 4500 for the engine and suspension is definitely worth it to me.

And, full disclosure, I bought a new to me pickup a month ago and tried very hard to justify a 3/4 ton, but couldn't justify the 7-10k more in money in the used market around me.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Yep, and I have MORE black soot on my F150 Ecoboob/sexhaust tip than my diesels with a DPF filter do! I'm surprised it passed emissions.

Ain't this the truth. I read about it before I bought my 12 Eco and I thought people were just being extremely picky. My pickup gets used, not abused, and the little dings and such just come with the territory. Even I did a double take on how dirty it was after owning it for a couple months now.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is almost a no brainer to go for the f250. 4500 bucks for a pickup that is twice as capable, but yet, slightly more money to run.

I'm not exactly sure the difference in the bells and whistles, but 4500 for the engine and suspension is definitely worth it to me.

And, full disclosure, I bought a new to me pickup a month ago and tried very hard to justify a 3/4 ton, but couldn't justify the 7-10k more in money in the used market around me.

Sure hope the cost of Diesel stays LOW...

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
The biggest question is have they fixed the radiator issues???? So frustrating to have a 60k truck, which the radiator goes out every 50-60K miles.

Ford needs to get it right for once. I though the 6.7 was a step in the right direction, and purchased one only to have the radiator start leaking at 50k miles. After some research this is a common issue for Ford. They have not changed the design, and it is not covered in powertrain warranty. $1800 fix buyer beware.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/201...s-get-inside-look-at-development-testing.html

• 2017_ford_f-250_f34_ns_12816_600.jpg
    2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Picture

The 2017 Ford Super Duty trucks are featured in the "We Own Work" video series. | January 28, 2016 | Ford Motor Company
DEARBORN, Michigan— Five customers will get an inside look at the development and testing of the all-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty line of trucks as part of the Ford "We Own Work" video series.

Ford is taking a page from the playbook of the 2016 Nissan Titan XD. The development of the Titan XD pickup truck was documented in a "Truckumentary" series from Nissan.

The first Super Duty video in the new six-part series, which will be posted next month on Ford.com, will introduce the customers, give some background on their businesses and explain how they use Ford trucks in their work.

Subsequent videos will follow the customers as they see how Super Duty trucks are made, learn about their hauling and towing abilities and check out the latest technology in the new models.

Ford says the participants were chosen from industries that make the most use of its Super Duty models, including forestry, oil and gas extraction, electric power, construction and manufacturing.

"We're taking these customers behind the scenes to witness what goes into development and testing of the new Super Duty," said Craig Schmatz, Ford F-Series Super Duty chief engineer, in a statement. "Every day these customers work hard and rely on our trucks. They know better than anyone what it takes to get the job done and how Super Duty can make that happen."

Ford's "We Own Work" ad campaign, which kicked off in 2012 for the 2013 models, highlights the on-the-job use of the F-Series trucks, including the F-150 pickup models. Now its latest iteration is being used to target the completely redesigned Super Duty line.

As noted by Edmunds, the F-250 and F-350 models feature a box frame made from 95 percent high-strength steel. Ford says the new trucks retain critical strength, while aluminum body panels and other lightweight components result in a frame that is 24 times stiffer than the previous one, while shedding about 350 pounds in total weight.

Other improvements include a roomier new interior, upgraded technology, increased connectivity and a host of driver-assist features.

The 2017 Ford Super Duty trucks go on sale late this year, competing against such models as the Chevrolet Silverado HD and Ram 2500, as well as the 2016 Nissan Titan XD, which bridges the gap between light- and heavy-duty trucks.

Ford says pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.

Edmunds says: Shoppers in the market for a heavy-duty work truck will want to keep an eye on Ford.com for additional videos on the 2017 Ford Super Duty models.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AgGdo62WkNk" allowfullscreen="" width="853" frameborder="0" height="480"></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
2017 Ford F250 Super Duty Platinum - Exterior Interior Walkaround - Debut at 2016 Detroit Auto Show

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/et2_-PkVjAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Visited my dealer this weekend.
He thinks that Ford will have real details out on the 2017 F250 this month at long last.

Details as in MSRP..

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Visited my dealer this weekend.
He thinks that Ford will have real details out on the 2017 F250 this month at long last.

Details as in MSRP..

I sell fords. We have MSRP already when you order. Ordered a loaded platinum msrp was $78k loaded lariat 67 I believe.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I sell fords. We have MSRP already when you order. Ordered a loaded platinum msrp was $78k loaded lariat 67 I believe.
Lovely.
So I went into the dealership in Idaho Falls and he said he thought he would have everything this week, but certainly this month.

Why is it SO MANY car dealerships are so frigging INEMPT!

And he could NOT take an order yet.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Lovely.
So I went into the dealership in Idaho Falls and he said he thought he would have everything this week, but certainly this month.

Why is it SO MANY car dealerships are so frigging INEMPT!

And he could NOT take an order yet.

Sounds like you should buy one from m8chris! Don't just get a new truck, get a new truck and a new friend

Premium Features