• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting a SOS shovel on summit xp 163

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
anyone have pics or ideas of place to mount a SOS shovel and handle on my sled. Yes i have a shovel on me, in my abs pack but want one for easier access for when i get or others get stuck. I do have a skidoo jerry can behind the seat as well.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
that would be nice.its not always easy to get the backpack off when you have all your cloths on and everything is full of snow. i would look on the exhaust side. thats the only place on an xp with any sort of room really. otherwise you will have to make something for the tunnel.

ski-doo-it

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
woodinville
IMO you need to keep the shovel on you.

The sled just bucked you off and ran down the hill:face-icon-small-sho,your stuck in 3 ft of POW:face-icon-small-hap
Unless you carry snow shoes in your pack the ONLY way your making it any where will be your shovel.

You can dig the sled out but the sled can't dig you out

Just sayin :face-icon-small-coo

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
IMO you need to keep the shovel on you.

The sled just bucked you off and ran down the hill:face-icon-small-sho,your stuck in 3 ft of POW:face-icon-small-hap
Unless you carry snow shoes in your pack the ONLY way your making it any where will be your shovel.

You can dig the sled out but the sled can't dig you out

Just sayin :face-icon-small-coo

I think you missed the point. He said he wants to mount a spare shovel on his sled. He already carries one in his backpack.

ski-doo-it

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
woodinville
And why yes I did.:face-icon-small-con

should have read it with me glasses.:yo:

Well then...Save the weight. you already have one

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Here is what I do with my spare shovel. Get a couple hood straps and make a riser with a long bolt and a piece of tube to make the top of the strap taller than the shovel. Then put the mating part of the strap down on the vertical part of the shovel. Been riding this way for like 3 years and have never lost the shovel and it is super easy to get off.

I wouldn't put it under the hood or behind the side panel because then it doesn't become very easy to get to if your stuck and that panel is covered.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Premium Features