• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How does the Sierra Madres compare to the Snowies?

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
As the header says, I have heard how great the madres can be but never really heard what type of riding it is there. My group rides the snowies a few times a year and were thinking of switching it up for a trip this year. Where do you stay? Can you ride from lodging or do you need to trailer to parking? Is there a lot of climbing or more tree riding? We prefer tree riding with some climbing, but we aren't big hill climb fans.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jim

F

Flange509

Dec 1, 2007
Colorado
I love the Madres, its a small area but it combines tree riding with hill climbing.Very good place if you like to sidehill and always seems to have good snow.
Don't know of any place to stay there though, might have to stay in Saratoga.

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
There are a couple places to stay in Encampment do a search on here! There are no places to stay close where you can ride from the room unless it is a very steller year! It is about the quarter the size of the snowys if that! You can stay in Saratoga and ride both places about the same distance to the snow and more options for lodging and food! Don't get me wrong Battle is an awesome place to ride but take someone who knows there way around, the only trail is the highway going thru it! Lots of tree riding right off the trail and some hills but if you know where to go there are some awesome hills to climb if you so desire! Have fun be careful it can get very windy and nasty up there quick! I lived in Saratoga for a while and Wyoming most of my life and enjoy riding both locations! Jim

Premium Features