• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How did you like your Motorfist gear?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Just wondering how the motorfist pants and coat held up for the first year. I need new gear this season. I'm the kinda rider that doesn't shut the sled off at all during the day. I usually put on twice the mileage as the other people I ride with. I had Scott gear for the last two years and it has been great, breathable and always dry, but I'm curious about Motorfist.

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Just wondering how the motorfist pants and coat held up for the first year. I need new gear this season. I'm the kinda rider that doesn't shut the sled off at all during the day. I usually put on twice the mileage as the other people I ride with. I had Scott gear for the last two years and it has been great, breathable and always dry, but I'm curious about Motorfist.

IMO. the Moto Fist gear is top notch.. I like it so much that I became a dealer for it.. Let me know if you decide to egar up with MF.. I can hook you up with the gear at a good price.. I will be stocking quite a bit of product

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
the odd ball way the coat zips up has me a little concerned.

For those that have the gear how is the coat zipper up on the neck. is it easy to zip or a pain in but. also does it feel wierd on your throat?

thanks
tim

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
the odd ball way the coat zips up has me a little concerned.

For those that have the gear how is the coat zipper up on the neck. is it easy to zip or a pain in but. also does it feel wierd on your throat?

thanks
tim

Hey Tim, I kept a set of Klim gear for "just in case" purposes. Once I rode the Motor Fist gear, my Klim stuff never came out of the closet. It breathes LOTS better and appears to be a much more durable material, especially for tree riders like yourself. Zippers are awesome as well as very comfortable the way the coat is cut. If you're thinking about it, stop by Helmet Outlet and talk to Mike. He has some stuff left over waaaaaaay cheap. I bought top and bottom for the price of just a Klim Jacket.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Gear

I tried to get a set of there gear last year but they never returned my call so I do not know. Never even saw it on the snow.

I will tell you what if I get a set this year and it last me more than a year I will be impressed I have to buy a set of bibs every year.

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
what about the "kill switch" light weight gloves. Their website says they are waterproof. Anyone ride witht these? I'm looking for light gloves that are waterproof as well as windproof. The Klim gloves are only water resistant

D
Nov 26, 2007
what about the "kill switch" light weight gloves. Their website says they are waterproof. Anyone ride witht these? I'm looking for light gloves that are waterproof as well as windproof. The Klim gloves are only water resistant

The gloves are brand new for this year from Motorfist. They have done some testing and I would not be scared to buy them. They will be a great product. And if their is a problem with them, MF will gladly take care of that problem for you.

W
Sep 3, 2008
Bought a Rekon jacket early last year and had it all riding season and loved it. fit is great and performance second to none. had one small problem when the tether d-ring got ripped out but it is at Motorfist right now getting repaired with no questions asked. they make a great product and the service after the sale is awesome. highly recommend their stuff.

T
Apr 21, 2010
PERSONALLY I HAD ALWAYS WORN KLIM CLOTHING THEN I WENT TO TOBE CLOTHING FOR THE STYLE. EVERYBODY HAS AN ALL BLACK OUTFIT! BUT JOSH FROM TOBE WENT TO WORK FOR MOTOR-FIST AND TALKED ME INTO BUYING THE GEAR. IT WAS MY FAVORITE COAT LAST YEAR FOR SURE! I LOVED HOW TOUGH IT WAS. I COULDNT HURT THAT THING! NOW THAT THEY HAVE E-VENT AND A LITTLE MORE STYLE IM SUPER PUMPED FOR THE NEW GEAR THIS YEAR!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
What does everybody like about their Motorfist gear so much that it makes it better than Klim? I was going to get some Klim pants but now i might have to look at Motorfist.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I'm gonna buy some new bibs, gotta be waterproof and warm! 12 hrs out in the cold is no joke up here in AK, the wind chill is killer as well out here near the coast. And I ride from my doorstep, 150miles/day is the norm.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Been looking for something with a little more style. Love the durability and weather handling of my Valdez parka but want a little more style. If Motorfist makes more colors this year I will give it a try. The guys I know that have it really like it.

S

sortastock

May 26, 2003
De Pere, WI
i've been looking at motorfist stuff, only thing keeping me from buying is the tacky slogan stamped on the jackets "snowmobiling is not a crime". If I can buy a Rekon without that on it, i think i'll buy. might have to wait a little while?

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
The slogan "snowmobiling is not a crime is gone" from the jacket. there are colors of yellow, blue and red, and stealth Rekon.

Premium Features