• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting an EZRyde in an IQR

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am in the process of attempting to put a 155 EZRyde into my mountain IQR. For the IQ and the Pro they have templates they send and makes the mounting super easy, but for some reason, there is no template with the IQR, just a piece of paper with some measurements.

Who has put one of these in their IQR and can lend me a little help on what you did and how you did it. I am sure I am making this a lot harder than it really is, but just dont to screw anything up.. :face-icon-small-hap Here is the instructions EZRyde sent me..

Any :help: is very appreciated!!

IQRSkid.jpg

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I am in the process of attempting to put a 155 EZRyde into my mountain IQR. For the IQ and the Pro they have templates they send and makes the mounting super easy, but for some reason, there is no template with the IQR, just a piece of paper with some measurements.

Who has put one of these in their IQR and can lend me a little help on what you did and how you did it. I am sure I am making this a lot harder than it really is, but just dont to screw anything up.. :face-icon-small-hap Here is the instructions EZRyde sent me..

Any :help: is very appreciated!!

IQRSkid.jpg

not going to lie it is a pain in the ***. The first season i ran that skid i thought it wasn't that great. Then i rebuilt the skid and remounted it ( i had it way off).

IMO, the best way to do it is to make a templete out of thick cardbord. That way, even if you are off from what they wanted just a little bit, it will be the same on the other side!

attachment.php

attachment.php

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
Call ez ryde and talk to Christan,he is the man on these if you have any problems or questions.I will be installing my 153 as soon as my tunnel shows up.
Good luck

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
yz400ex post something like this up on HCS. I know Mr. Prox has done a couple in IQR tunnels. Not sure if he reads Snowest as much anymore. Haven't seen him around on here in awhile.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
IMO, the best way to do it is to make a templete out of thick cardbord. That way, even if you are off from what they wanted just a little bit, it will be the same on the other side!

This was what I was trying.. Seemed to be the most logical thing to do..

Call ez ryde and talk to Christan,he is the man on these if you have any problems or questions.I will be installing my 153 as soon as my tunnel shows up.
Good luck

I called him on Monday and had a nice conversation with him about this.. He gave me some great tips and pointers since my attempt of this install this last weekend, didnt go so hot.. :) He pointed me in the right direction on this and I think it should go fairly smooth now.. We will see..:becky:

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
Yes very nice guy and great tech support even if you bought the skid used he is very helpful.
Cant wait to get at mine!!

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I installed the skid, but its not right.. Not sure where I went wrong because I measured everything 15 times over and followed the directions exactly.. Skid sits it there and everything looks straight, but it makes the track sit too high in the tunnel. It would not allow the tunnel coolers to be installed. The lugs are probably 1/2 inch away from the top where the tunnel extension starts.. Thinking maybe I can just lower it in the tunnel and make sure I can still get everything to work right.. Will see tomorrow I guess..:frusty:

2011-09-25_18-42-50_457.jpg

2011-09-25_18-43-20_192.jpg

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
When you measured down from the top of the tunnel you should have included the thickness of the heat exchanger in the equasion.So the measurement down should have been from the heat exchanger not the top of the tunnel down.
This is what I was told from ezryde when I was asking about installing.
Lowest point in the tunnel down.
Hope it helps.
Gary

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
How did you make out with this?
Mine is done and couldnt have gone smoother.

Its in, but it still isnt right.. I am confident that the rear is right, but the front seems to sit too high. It sits real close to the coolers up front and the track is riding on those wear bar pieces on top of the mounting arm.. This has been very frustrating to me.. I have done everything I can and followed every direction to a T (from what I can tell) and it is still wrong.. I am going to work on it just a bit more, but if I dont get it figured out soon, I will be replacing it with a different skid..

sooboy, did you install yours in a stock or aftermarket tunnel?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I appreciate the offer and even though it is an awesome skid, especially for stock, not looking to trade for a stock setup.. If I were to trade this for anything though, it would be for a Timbersled or K-mod setup only.. Again, thank you for the offer

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
sooboy put his in a stock tunnel. i could be wrong but i think his directions differ from yours.

Thats fine with me.. as long as its in there and sits right, I am willing to do it however..:face-icon-small-ton

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
Could you down size the wheels on top? That would give you a bit of room between the track an tunnel.

I haven't forgotten about the tach, send me a text. Might be able to get it out monday. 603-723-4585 Scott

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
Thats fine with me.. as long as its in there and sits right, I am willing to do it however..:face-icon-small-ton
Yes mine is mounted in a stock tunnel.
My skid is a 153 and I compared mine with your diagram.There are some similar and some different measurements.The driver size has much to do with placement as well.What are you using for drivers ,as far as diameter?
My drivers are 7 tooth 3" pitch which work out to be 6"diam.For this reason they gave me the install measurements for an 09 153 rmk which has about the same driver diam.
Looks like you have stock coolers in yours,so your first measurement would be down in the back from the heat exchanger bottom of about 5.5 "
Did you measure down from the heat exchanger or down from the tunnel in back for the rear mount hole?
The propper way is to measure down from the lowest point in the back which is the bottom of your heat exchanger
Make a mark for your first measurement down the 5.5" from the heat exchanger for the rear mount hole.
Next draw a line from the center of your axle to the mark that you just made in back down from the bottom of the heat exchanger where those 2 lines intersect is your rear mount hole
Now measure forward your dimension from the back hole to the front hole on the same plane as the axle center.
Make a mark, measure up from that mark your dimension of 1" and thats your front hole location
Thats pretty much it.
Give me a call at 313-300-5260 to talk.
I would not give up on this skid, if it is what everyone claims,you wont want anything else.

Last edited:
Premium Features