• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New BD Sidekick thread Update

S
Jan 20, 2009
For those that can't see the old thread, I decided to start a new one.

I initially reported a bog when I first installed my kit. Come to find out the bog was from the throttle safety switch acting up. I have since unplugged my tss and no more bog issues. I then struggled with detonation issues on every ride even with running 50/50 fuel mix. I have a box with a user interface and had turned up the boost to a little over 7 psi at around 9000 feet and attributed the det issues to that. I added some fuel to the 6700 7500 and 8200 rpms and had way better luck with the det. I then learned that BD had an update for the box numbers and asked for the new numbers. I loaded the new numbers in the box and no more det issues. I think the new numbers are overly rich as seen on my innovate O2 gauge and plan on reducing them a bit in certain areas. They have added more fuel to pretty much every setting. The only issue I now have is when you are side hilling on the right it tends to load up and you really have to watch out what you are doing so you don't get in trouble. If you stay in the throttle you can keep the front end up enough and work through it but it's kind of annoying. This issue has gotten worse since switching to the new numbers. Going to try some different ideas to combat that. Overall very happy most of the issues are now gone.

For those wondering I am running about 80 percent duty cycle at around 7 psi. There is still more power that can be made with the stock injectors, but no one in my group can keep up with the sled as it is. This sled makes amazing power on boost!

Attachments

• AC Sidekick_Ctec_Standard_program_6A6a2a4b_4-16-18.pdf
    95.6 KB · Views: 59
  • AC Sidekick_Ctec_Standard_program_6A6a2a4e_1-16-19.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Premium Features