• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
You just cant let anyone say good things about polaris without spewing your own hatred can u? Anytime someone comments how much they like their Polaris, how its running great, no problems, ect, we can bet here comes bigten to the rescue to tell them they are wrong. That in fact their sled runs like hell, its about to blow up, and you indeed dont like it. You're a broken record. Just go away. The new 850 is the real deal, it's a fantastic sled. It's better than the other two brands in my opinion. And that's not a knock on either of them because they are both great sleds as well and I'm sure a lot of guys would out ride me with either. I havent had a single hiccup with mine. It sounds like poo took excellent care of the poor guys who had issues and they have the problems remedied for 2020.

That "Lap Dog Dude" is a piece of work . . .needs new material, that's for sure!! Would be nice if he would just disappear back into the shadows of the Cat section that he loves so much. Over there, might at least be a slim chance someone might appreciate what he has to say. Maybe they could do a round of high fives or something . . ?

I have had the same result with my sled. The best i have ever ridden . . .by far!

N
Mar 7, 2018
I am glad a lot of guys did so well with them. Turns out quite a few had issues, issues I understand most of you would like to ignore.

You should definitely keep sending Polaris money and getting what you deserve...screwed for being so foolish.

I'm sure you are glad the majority of people had no problems, especially since you feel anyone that had issues got what they deserved..

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I'm sure you are glad the majority of people had no problems, especially since you feel anyone that had issues got what they deserved..

Twist it how ever you like.

If you had been paying attention to Polaris track record with new motor releases, bought one anyway, and had problems, you did get what you deserved IMO.

I am happy for the guys that came out alright on it. Pretty big gamble though given Polaris history. Again, I wish they could get it right because I would be riding one of they did/do.

I have no idea why this confused you so, other than guys like you, will and timber are desperately searching for something to be mad at me about...

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana

If you had been paying attention to Polaris track record with new motor releases, bought one anyway, and had problems, you did get what you deserved IMO.

I am happy for the guys that came out alright on it. Pretty big gamble though given Polaris history. Again, I wish they could get it right because I would be riding one of they did/do.

I have no idea why this confused you so, other than guys like you, will and timber are desperately searching for something to be mad at me about...

Got what they deserved, sounds like a scorned women not a grown man?
What we deserved is a first year machine (that performs incredible) that would have a few problems to get ironed out and a manufacturer that would take care of us if we did have problems which for most they did. None of the 2 strokes are immune to problems, had a 850 Doo I was riding with catch on fire this season and burn to the ground, an Alpha that quit and had to be towed. The Alphas have been having their share of problems, I’d still ride one as they perform well.
The 850 poo has performed incredible for most of us and I’m extremely happy with it. We all forget sometimes that ANY and most equipment, sleds, airplanes, boats and etc. requires maintenance and repairs if used. Buy a new multi million dollar aircraft or boat and then complain about shop time to repair, either will be in for repairs regularly even though they cost a few million. We are on 15k sleds and beat the crap out of them and then some cry like babies because we have a few problems??

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Got what they deserved, sounds like a scorned women not a grown man?
What we deserved is a first year machine (that performs incredible) that would have a few problems to get ironed out and a manufacturer that would take care of us if we did have problems which for most they did. None of the 2 strokes are immune to problems, had a 850 Doo I was riding with catch on fire this season and burn to the ground, an Alpha that quit and had to be towed. The Alphas have been having their share of problems, I’d still ride one as they perform well.
The 850 poo has performed incredible for most of us and I’m extremely happy with it. We all forget sometimes that ANY and most equipment, sleds, airplanes, boats and etc. requires maintenance and repairs if used. Buy a new multi million dollar aircraft or boat and then complain about shop time to repair, either will be in for repairs regularly even though they cost a few million. We are on 15k sleds and beat the crap out of them and then some cry like babies because we have a few problems??

Clearly you would prefer I go back to my old type of comments...

How stupid would you have to be to buy a first year Polaris? Pretty stupid IMO. Defending the epic first year failure is even more humorous to read.

Does that suit you better than "got what you deserved"? I understand your argument is extremely weak so playing symantics is your best bet....

I'm sorry but blown up motors is not a simple little repair, and there have been a lot of them. That motor job is a good 30% of the value of the machine. I love reading your excuses on how or why we should downplay the large number of failures, because it is a MUCH larger number than the competition. You would know that if you were willing to be honest about the number and scope of failures on Polaris' new, tested for 6 years motor. Pretty big joke, and you fell for it...

Hopefully they fixed it for next year but to deny that there are inherent flaws in the '19 840 motor is just ignorance gone to seed.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

How stupid would you have to be to buy a first year Polaris? Pretty stupid IMO. Defending the epic first year failure is even more humorous to read.

Does that suit you better than "got what you deserved"? I understand your argument is extremely weak so playing symantics is your best bet....

I'm sorry but blown up motors is not a simple little repair, and there have been a lot of them. That motor job is a good 30% of the value of the machine. I love reading your excuses on how or why we should downplay the large number of failures, because it is a MUCH larger number than the competition. You would know that if you were willing to be honest about the number and scope of failures on Polaris' new, tested for 6 years motor. Pretty big joke, and you fell for it...

Hopefully they fixed it for next year but to deny that there are inherent flaws in the '19 840 motor is just ignorance gone to seed.

I have a about 1500 kms on my Patriot and it has been my best Polaris to date. No regrets at all. And I am sure the vast majority of owners echo that response. When motors go down guys always bitch and when missing out they will find ways to feed their habit and come on the forums but most are not even on here. The AXYS was the best sled for technical riding prior to the Patriot and now it also is the fastest and most controllable due to linear throttle response. I seriously saw way more G4's with belt issues than Patriots with motor issues. Cats are pretty solid but too nose heavy for many that I know and the fact that they are going Sno-check only makes many believe they will be out of business soon. True or not, that is the message they are sending.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana

No excuses here, I was a willing customer fully aware of Poo’s engine issues. For the type of terrain and riding I do there is not a better snowmobile, I can ride whatever I choose. When and if I lose an engine I’ll replace it, pin it and keep enjoying whatever sled I’m on. Fortunately I’m blessed with the finances to not worry about it.
I’ll keeep buying Poo’s until I get on another brand that is more capable and more fun. I would switch in a heartbeat when that happens.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There are more blown Ctec's than i expected and less bearing issues on the 840 than i expected. I believe we will see more 840 bearing issues show up on the '19 840's next season(warranty will take of it), the 20's look good and i wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
A lot of Ctec issues have been from snow ingestion... sad engineering on the intake....

Most of my group are Polaris. Honestly most engine problems have been on the 'super reliable' '09 700. Only one 800 pro went down and it was turboed...

If finances allowed, i would own an 840 and ctec. Either one could seize tomorrow but both are so much fun.

reduce

N
Mar 7, 2018

I'm not mad at you at all.. I, like many others, just think you're full of sh*t, especially when you contradict yourself.

The ones that "got what they deserved" also seemed to get some free stuff and an extra year of warranty to boot.. I'm not sure what else you'd like to see from a manufacturer to show they believe in what they're selling.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I'm not mad at you at all.. I, like many others, just think you're full of sh*t, especially when you contradict yourself.

The ones that "got what they deserved" also seemed to get some free stuff and an extra year of warranty to boot.. I'm not sure what else you'd like to see from a manufacturer to show they believe in what they're selling.

I would like to see them get it right, that is what I would like to see. They gave me $2000 towards a 16 Axys after I had so much trouble with my '14 Pro. Problem is, even though it was a great gesture and kept me on their product, it also failed miserably as a reliable and durable machine. I do not understand why you think it matters if they believe in their product? Doesn't make it any better but maybe it makes you feel better...

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I got what I deserved

"got what they deserved"
Thats me...I got what I deserved and wanted...An awesome chassis on the Axys,
an awesome responsive, predictable front end with the ReAct suspension (saved me $ not having to buy aftermarket, best factory mountain skis on the market (saving me $), narrowest, sleekest body that doesnt panel out easy. Awesome shorter running boards on the 19 (that again saved me $ over aftermarket upgrades). Great rear suspension from the factory that gets up on the snow quickly and a good pin & wiggle gets me out of most stupid stucks. Awesome motor with great linear power, quick throttle response, broad torque band, lack of wiring and relay issues. Proven responsive easy to work on clutches. Quick revving, light weight factory belt drive. Great ergonomics. Great factory warranty and more.
I must be forgetting something...Yes, there were a low % that had bearing, oil line and bog issues. I was one of them. The manufacture Polaris, stood by their product and warranty and though I missed a little riding time took care of me. Ive spent a fair amount of time one the Alpha and Gen4 again this year, seen their pros/cons & issues as well.
We all have a choice. No one forced me. I snow checked a 2020 Polaris 850 RMK again because it's the best sled for me and I'm satisfied with the updates on the 2020 and how they took care of me. Is it perfect? No, but neither am I, but its perfect for me

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
"got what they deserved"
Thats me...I got what I deserved and wanted...An awesome chassis on the Axys,
an awesome responsive, predictable front end with the ReAct suspension (saved me $ not having to buy aftermarket, best factory mountain skis on the market (saving me $), narrowest, sleekest body that doesnt panel out easy. Awesome shorter running boards on the 19 (that again saved me $ over aftermarket upgrades). Great rear suspension from the factory that gets up on the snow quickly and a good pin & wiggle gets me out of most stupid stucks. Awesome motor with great linear power, quick throttle response, broad torque band, lack of wiring and relay issues. Proven responsive easy to work on clutches. Quick revving, light weight factory belt drive. Great ergonomics. Great factory warranty and more.
I must be forgetting something...Yes, there were a low % that had bearing, oil line and bog issues. I was one of them. The manufacture Polaris, stood by their product and warranty and though I missed a little riding time took care of me. Ive spent a fair amount of time one the Alpha and Gen4 again this year, seen their pros/cons & issues as well.
We all have a choice. No one forced me. I snow checked a 2020 Polaris 850 RMK again because it's the best sled for me and I'm satisfied with the updates on the 2020 and how they took care of me. Is it perfect? No, but neither am I, but its perfect for me

This^^^

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Big 1 inch needs to STOP trolling the Polaris section. We ALL have heard the sob story of how badly he was treated by Polaris, and all the trouble he has had, and how he hates the brand . . . OLD NEWS!!
JUST GO AWAY!!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Big 1 inch needs to STOP trolling the Polaris section. We ALL have heard the sob story of how badly he was treated by Polaris, and all the trouble he has had, and how he hates the brand . . . OLD NEWS!!
JUST GO AWAY!!

...and news from Timbre!!!!! He loves his 850! Nobody in his neighborhood has had anything but great luck with them! He LOVES the brand!

Oh wait, that is OLD NEWS too. Does that mean he is trolling and should leave?

You guys crack me up!

Premium Features