• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo or save money and buy a G4?

Turbo or G4

• Turbo T3

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Buy G4

Votes: 82 52.9%
  • Ride a camel

Votes: 37 23.9%

• Total voters

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
umm

they work just fine 8K and above...granted NOT 200 hp but a lot better than stock just the same and $$ left over-BJ

Who has your kit in Washington BJ on a t3? I'd be curious to ride one cuz I rode a good running trygstad 872-174 back to back to back with my sled and I literally couldn't tell any difference at all and for a 25Hp claim that shouldn't be the case

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Who has your kit in Washington BJ on a t3? I'd be curious to ride one cuz I rode a good running trygstad 872-174 back to back to back with my sled and I literally couldn't tell any difference at all and for a 25Hp claim that shouldn't be the case

At what elevation?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota

IF you cant tell the difference??

THEN it wasnt a "good running" BB...

The difference SHR offers is a "complete" kit because I actually RIDE a T3 880...

clutching, gearing, exhaust and of course a real 25 HP...

elevation is irrelavent, +25 hp in MN. is still +25 hp at 8000'-BJ

I have several guys in WA. but dan/174 T3/860 in puyallup comes to mind...

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
IF you cant tell the difference??

THEN it wasnt a "good running" BB...

The difference SHR offers is a "complete" kit because I actually RIDE a T3 880...

clutching, gearing, exhaust and of course a real 25 HP...

elevation is irrelavent, +25 hp in MN. is still +25 hp at 8000'-BJ

I have several guys in WA. but dan/174 T3/860 in puyallup comes to mind

If a sled runs perfect and pulls rpm it goes into the "runs good" category. If it doesn't perform than that's a different topic. It ran good it just performed equal to stock. It's funny to hear you talk about what 174's these days cuz you used to argue with me- I've ran 174's since they came out like in 2005ish and you'd say idk why you need anything longer than a 144". Guess it finally sank in Lol- No disrespect tho I just had to say that so I can quit thinking it everytime I see you post something about it... I've sold lots of ski doos this year for the local dealer, I just find it hard especially after riding that 872 and doing this for over 20 years now and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on junk that Your kit will be any kind of a game changer over stock. I'd love to be wrong. Would you put a money back guarantee on your product if I buy a 190 complete kit?

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
It would be nice to see some current videos of T3's stock and big bored comparing on the same steep hill. Seen one current Trygstad vid but it wasn't night and day from stock, it still ran good just not as good as I expected

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
need a lot of work do they? I see its the same programmer as my Nytro.

please do inform me.

It's not only the programmer, it's turbos in general. They need a lot of work, attention and maintenence. If someone tells you their turbo is pull and go they are flat out lying. Maybe they ride Trailer Queens. Who knows. It's not a bad thing if you do the work yourself and are prepared to spend the time. If not, your turbo experience will be the worst time in your life.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
It's not only the programmer, it's turbos in general. They need a lot of work, attention and maintenence. If someone tells you their turbo is pull and go they are flat out lying. Maybe they ride Trailer Queens. Who knows. It's not a bad thing if you do the work yourself and are prepared to spend the time. If not, your turbo experience will be the worst time in your life.

I guess that all depends on what pull and go means to you. My turbo Xm has been pull and go. No I'm not lying. Yes I keep up on maintainance on my sleds. 3,000 miles on my Xm. Never replaced anything except the fuel programmer. Other than that, pull and go. Same clutch, same top end, same bottom end, same turbo, same chain and gears.....you get the idea. My pro, is another story. New top end, new clutch, new bearings. But overall it's been fairly reliable as well. I did the top end so it wouldn't blow but the clutch and bearings were shot. 3,000 miles on it as well. No I don't have trailer queens. This year I've broken my s mod, bent my handle bars and steering post, ripped two panels open, tore a few lugs, bent a driveshaft, dinged an a arm, tore a few vents, bent a running board and in general beat my sleds up pretty good. I'm just saying this to prove my sleds aren't trailer queens. Long story short.....turbos can be pull and go if you take care of them. And I don't maintainance them any more than I did my stock sled.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
I guess that all depends on what pull and go means to you. My turbo Xm has been pull and go. No I'm not lying. Yes I keep up on maintainance on my sleds. 3,000 miles on my Xm. Never replaced anything except the fuel programmer. Other than that, pull and go. Same clutch, same top end, same bottom end, same turbo, same chain and gears.....you get the idea. My pro, is another story. New top end, new clutch, new bearings. But overall it's been fairly reliable as well. I did the top end so it wouldn't blow but the clutch and bearings were shot. 3,000 miles on it as well. No I don't have trailer queens. This year I've broken my s mod, bent my handle bars and steering post, ripped two panels open, tore a few lugs, bent a driveshaft, dinged an a arm, tore a few vents, bent a running board and in general beat my sleds up pretty good. I'm just saying this to prove my sleds aren't trailer queens. Long story short.....turbos can be pull and go if you take care of them. And I don't maintainance them any more than I did my stock sled.

This is totally true or if it's a 4 stroke turbo Doubtful you are working on it but you can also have a 2stroke turbo and blow the reeds out every ride, blow the pipe out, crack the airbox repeatedly, have never endless programmer problems, horrible turbo company help, bad designed turbo systems that never work, blow up a motor every ride, never get it to run correctly and hate sleding and quit riding. All of that's true too. Depends son what kit you buy, what sled you put it on and how good of a tuner you are and how good your luck usually is in life. Ever heard of the wiseco shuffle?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Typical response of a delusional turbo owner-pull and go except for...............
If you have 3,000 miles on your turbo xm clutches with no rebuilds then you have no idea about how your sled should peform. Your clutches are done. Guaranteed. Which leads me to believe you have no clue. To top it off, the damage to your sled shows that you are a disaster to ride with. Truth is gonna sting but just own it. You'll be a better person for it.

Last edited:

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Typical response of a delusional turbo owner-pull and go except for...............
If you have 3,000 miles on your turbo xm clutches with no rebuilds then you have no idea about how your sled should peform. Your clutches are done. Guaranteed. Which leads me to believe you have no clue. To top it off, the damage to your sled shows that you are a disaster to ride with. Truth is gonna sting but just own it. You'll be a better person for it.

That's the funniest Fawkin $hit you've said so far, you would be best friends with Chadly
It's no more delisional tho than a Polaris guy saying they don't have issues and that dealer guy saying the same types of things.

Last edited:

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
I'm not new to turbos. Everything I own has one.

sxs- turb0
wifes suv- turbo
my truck - turbo
nytro - turbo.
boat - supercharger
car - turbo

And all of them I just drive minus watching some gauges and minor maintenance and what have ya, minus one. My stupid Car setup and the way the tuning is done and how on the limit it is you have to screw with it every single god damn time you drive it. Road conditions, temperature, weather, etc etc.

I've heard with some sled turbo kits that you have to adjust fueling for altitude and stuff. last thing I want to do is set it at the parking lot for one thing and then up the mountain start screwing with it for conditions on the hill that day.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Run the aerochargers and Impuse kit.. Aero needs some fueling changes to perfect it, but we are working that out.. Impuse has there own fueling at any temp or elevation.. Been a pull and go sled this last season..

But with any machine making twice the power it should, maintence will be more as well.. But overall good experience.. But I still never leave the parking lot with out a back up in the trailer..

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

Reminds you of Polaris owners saying they ride 1500 miles without an issue, dosen't it. Haha.

Say what you want. The truth of it is it runs good and yes I've had the clutch apart, several times, to check it all out to make sure it's good and it is. Sure, The truth stings like hell, that's why I find everything you say more of a joke than anything I read on this forum. I've rebuilt the clutch on my pro more than once, so maybe I know a little about what I'm talking about, you on the other hand. Lol. Nothing better than a joke with you for the punchline. As far has breaking parts and all that, yep I push my self and sometimes I lose control of my sled and because of it I just keep getting better and better. So, have you ever broken anything? Or do you just sit at the bottom and tell everyone how good you used to be?

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Reminds you of Polaris owners saying they ride 1500 miles without an issue, dosen't it. Haha.

Say what you want. The truth of it is it runs good and yes I've had the clutch apart, several times, to check it all out to make sure it's good and it is. Sure, The truth stings like hell, that's why I find everything you say more of a joke than anything I read on this forum. I've rebuilt the clutch on my pro more than once, so maybe I know a little about what I'm talking about, you on the other hand. Lol. Nothing better than a joke with you for the punchline. As far has breaking parts and all that, yep I push my self and sometimes I lose control of my sled and because of it I just keep getting better and better. So, have you ever broken anything? Or do you just sit at the bottom and tell everyone how good you used to be?

Omg you rebuilt your Polaris p 85 clutch. Wooooooowwwwwww.
But then you checked a 3000 mile tra and it's all good? You have no clue.
Your words prove it. You don't know squat. Don't pretend you do cuz I can see thru your dumb posts.
Like I said, own it. Don't deflect. You suck. So sorry for your luck.
Now go wreck your worn out junk, again.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Omg you rebuilt your Polaris p 85 clutch. Wooooooowwwwwww.
But then you checked a 3000 mile tra and it's all good? You have no clue.
Your words prove it. You don't know squat. Don't pretend you do cuz I can see thru your dumb posts.
Like I said, own it. Don't deflect. You suck. So sorry for your luck.
Now go wreck your worn out junk, again.

Hahaha. I must have struck a nerve with that last comment. Sorry you have to sit at the bottom while everyone is riding. Must be tough. Lol.

Premium Features