• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 LOGAN TRAILER BUILD -ALL SEASON-

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've got a custom build 35' all aluminum trailer that will hold 5 sleds with gear and room to change without taking the sleds out. I sure pucker when I get into deeper snow and parking lots that are congested with snow in there. The trailer weights 7000 pds empty and is a load to tow without getting stuck. I just bought a 7'x22' inline for days I know I'll be going to these kind of area's. For the areas I know I can get this trailer in and out of its sure is nice to have.

PROJack66

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2012
Watertown SD
I built one of these in 2014 through Mission and it does work awsome. A couple things I see that I would do different.

I did a 40k furnace and it wasn't enough for the cold days. I would do the bear minimum on windows as those are heat loss points. I did the heat strip in ac and they are worthless. I would just bump up your furnace to the highest btu you can. I think Hot Dawg has higher options. I would do an onboard generator as we drug ours along and it was always in the way and a pain to drag in and out of the trailer when snow, plus someone jacked one of them once after cutting the locked chain we had around it. Another thing to think about is a quick drain system for the unit. Its hard and not safe to run the heat when pulling the unit. So I was thinking of plumbing a quick winterize system where I could open the sinks and showers and hook air hoze to a nozzle to blow it out. That way you could wait to fill until you're close to destination and drain before you leave. That way you don't have to pull and worry about it freezing up. When parked you're fine, it's getting there in the cold. I would do a built in tool box cabinet. everything you can build in permanent the better, as it's less crap sitting around your sleds or atvs. That way when you get there you go.

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Hi,
This one is pretty big with a 17' living quarters and 22' cargo box. With oversized holding tanks and 100 gal fuel cell, it should be weighing in around 16k.

3 x 8k axles? How much does this thing weigh unloaded? Length?

That's an enormous trailer.

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
23' garage area
17' Living quarters
just shy of 48' overall
With the forward set axles, the trailer tows pretty remarkable for it's size. Definitely not a tiny lot trailer but with a good driver, it gets in a lot of the zones we ride.

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
He runs a business out of his trailer Guiding and teaching Avy classes. It's HUGE and a TON of money but i'm sure he will put it to good use!

My trailers definitely get used! We're running them 4-7 days a week with full loads all the time. This one make teaching the motorized avi classes pretty sweet since we can stay at the trail head and cut don on a lot of road time. thx,
j

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
I built one of these in 2014 through Mission and it does work awsome. A couple things I see that I would do different.

I did a 40k furnace and it wasn't enough for the cold days. I would do the bear minimum on windows as those are heat loss points. I did the heat strip in ac and they are worthless. I would just bump up your furnace to the highest btu you can. I think Hot Dawg has higher options. I would do an onboard generator as we drug ours along and it was always in the way and a pain to drag in and out of the trailer when snow, plus someone jacked one of them once after cutting the locked chain we had around it. Another thing to think about is a quick drain system for the unit. Its hard and not safe to run the heat when pulling the unit. So I was thinking of plumbing a quick winterize system where I could open the sinks and showers and hook air hoze to a nozzle to blow it out. That way you could wait to fill until you're close to destination and drain before you leave. That way you don't have to pull and worry about it freezing up. When parked you're fine, it's getting there in the cold. I would do a built in tool box cabinet. everything you can build in permanent the better, as it's less crap sitting around your sleds or atvs. That way when you get there you go.

I'll lay out the complete spec in the next post, but I think we addressed everything you mentioned minus the built in gen set.
1- 2 40k furnaces
2- 2 ac with heat strip ( not real effective in winter but great for summer heat when the nights cool down)
3- The entire plumbing system has a quick drain and separate pump to inject antifreeze into plumbing and fixtures. Takes about 1 min
4- Lots of built in storage for all the reasons you listed above

thx,
j

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mine came with a 2k watt inverter.
If I upgrade my inverter, what size will it take to run my 110 outlets?
What about my microwave or AC? I'm sure those will kill the batteries pretty quickly though.
Might need to double up and have 4 batteries. LOL

Premium Features