• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camso 2.8

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I have a 174" Camso Conquer 280 on my 2015 Viper with MCX 270 kit. Im not super thrilled with the pwrformance of it. I was hoping it would hook up more. It has soft lugs that fold over easily. I've taken it in a lot of different snow conditions. If I where to do it over I probably would have bought something else.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I had a 153 on my '16 last year and was night and day better than the PC3, and I dropped 11 pounds. Some complained about it, others raved about it. Myself, I kept it off my '16 Viper to put on my '18 SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Nov 27, 2007
thats it

2 people have comments on this track, hmmm. I have always been a fan of the original camo extreme but they are going away and being replaced by newer designs that in my opinion are made for stock sleds . looking at this track i had hopes

J
Nov 27, 2007
I have a 174" Camso Conquer 280 on my 2015 Viper with MCX 270 kit. Im not super thrilled with the pwrformance of it. I was hoping it would hook up more. It has soft lugs that fold over easily. I've taken it in a lot of different snow conditions. If I where to do it over I probably would have bought something else.

any thoughts on what? the new 3 inch is way to soft as well.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
any thoughts on what? the new 3 inch is way to soft as well.

I don't really know what would be the best track. As far as soft tracks, this conquer 280 is the softest track I've seen. The lugs fold over very easy....much easier then the 3" powerclaw. I bought the conquer 280 for three reason; price, length (174") and weight in that order. If the power claw was available in a 174" track and at the same price I would have bought it instead. Can't wait for winter to come back.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
280 camso

I put one on my 2015 163 xm and in light fluffy snow it seems to work good ,in deep snow that is setup some it does not perform,last winter in Utah fluffy snow worked good ,in Idaho it would get beat up on by 153 and 162 Polaris's and my son's 154 3" i am putting my 3" ski-doo track back on,i thought the 14 lb. weight saving would make a big difference but not so.Just my experience

X
Oct 8, 2009
I put the 280 174" track on my fully-built turbo viper. I have several insights about it. On a turbo sled less rotating mass helps spool the turbo faster since it takes less power to rev up under load. Also, less rotating mass makes the sled more agile and easier to turn under power. Combined with the kmotion, my viper feels a lot like a proclimb 2 stroke. I have not noticed paddle flex to be an issue yet. My track speed under full load in 3 feet of heavy powder is around 72 to 74 mph with the dial turned up to about 315 hp. To me, the track is hooking up well. In fact, I have not found a chute big enough to hold the sled back with my current setup at 14 psi. More boost just creates excess ground speed and makes snowflake harder to ride. However, I the track is somewhat brittle under extreme power. I have a few paddles missing some chunks from debris in chutes.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
IMHO
the more power the better...
lugs are not soft (?)...
fluffy snow it shows the worst...
hvy/set up snow it shows the best...
it is 10-15 lbs lighter than any track...
have it on a 175 hp XM (156) and it seemed good/better than the stock doo track in all conditions...
other tracks??-BJ

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
IMHO

the more power the better...

lugs are not soft (?)...

fluffy snow it shows the worst...

hvy/set up snow it shows the best...

it is 10-15 lbs lighter than any track...

have it on a 175 hp XM (156) and it seemed good/better than the stock doo track in all conditions...

other tracks??-BJ

Same thing I found. Super soft bottomless snow, the PC 3 was better, but all other conditions I would take the conquer in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features