• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000: One cylinder runs cooler than the other??

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
I have an 07 M1000. Recently, I noticed through my EGT gauges that the PTO cylinder is all of a sudden running 200-300 degrees F cooler than the Mag cylinder. They have always run almost dead even. I already checked the trim settings on my boondocker controller. Anyone else ever have this happen? What are the likey causes for this?

Thanks.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Mine started doing the exact same thing a few rides ago. Going to start by switching the connections on the gauge to see if the problem lies with the KOSO / probes or not. Mine is on an '09 - still running fine - temps are just messed up.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
check if a hole rubbed thru on the intake boot, my M7 did the exact same thing when i rubbed a hole in my intake boot,
also check to make sure the hose clamps are tight on the throttle bodies

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Discovered my pto side probe had worked it's way out about an inch or so - have not fired it back up yet but I'm sure that's what the problem was.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
I also discovered that my EGT probe has worked its way out on the PTO side. This was the most likely cause. Will see what happens on the next ride.

M
Nov 16, 2009
I also discovered that my EGT probe has worked its way out on the PTO side. This was the most likely cause. Will see what happens on the next ride.

That is your problem, absolutely. I had to finally wire my probes to the Y pipe because the probes were working their way out, giving me inaccurate readings. I always new the probe(s) were loose because they were 2-300 degr. out. weld on probe fittings are much better. Try tie wiring your probes to the Y pipe. Worked for me. still had to tighten down probes periodically though:beer;.

Premium Features