• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will '13 Assault front end bolt up to Pro front end?

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
As title says;

my a arm came unglued, taking out the shock.. insead of going OEM and worrying about the glue coming apart agian, I found a set of used A Arms and W/E Shocks (w/ resevior) on the for sale forums...

I understand it's a wider stance... will the A Arms and shocks bolt up to my Pro?

Will I notice much of a difference with the wider stance?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Yes it should all bolt up. And yes you will notice a difference with the wider stance. How significant is the difference? Well thats relative, I have a '12 Assault and can do the same things the Pro can do, it just takes a bit more effort in SOME situations.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The bulkheads are the same so the a-arms will bolt to it. There is a wider stance and a difference in how the sled handles. It will be more to side hill with it. The geometry between the back of the track and the skis is a greater angle on the assault. But, the Pro Assault does a much better job sidehilling than the IQ Assault ever did.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think the guys above pretty much answered it for ya. Will it handle different.......yes a little but honestly nothing major.

Having ridden both, they each have their own areas where they shine over one another, but again nothing leaps and bounds from one to another.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If you get a heck of a deal on that setup I get it. Well, maybe not. Seriously, how many people on here do you hear talk about going wider on their mtn sleds? Even some of the Pro guys are going more narrow with the Zbroz narrow kit. I wouldn't do it.

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
If you get a heck of a deal on that setup I get it. Well, maybe not. Seriously, how many people on here do you hear talk about going wider on their mtn sleds? Even some of the Pro guys are going more narrow with the Zbroz narrow kit. I wouldn't do it.

I'm getting a great deal on the setup..
also, do I have to get different spindles?

While I do enjoy side hilling and tree riding, I'm more of an aggresive rider (jumping)

Premium Features