• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is everyones thoughts on Thunder products Go Rings and Glide washers?

J
Jan 7, 2017
Hi, I was wondering what everyone thought about Go rings and Glide washers for the primary clutches?

DO they require a weight change or spring change?
Do they work well?
I notice the rings do allow side to side movement of the pin and weight a slight bit.

Pros and cons of these items, Thanks

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hi, I was wondering what everyone thought about Go rings and Glide washers for the primary clutches?

DO they require a weight change or spring change?
Do they work well?
I notice the rings do allow side to side movement of the pin and weight a slight bit.

Pros and cons of these items, Thanks

Looked at website … Are these only for ARCTIC CAT?

J
Jan 7, 2017
I honestly don't know, I am assuming if your clutch is set up like the cat clutch with the o rings they would work.

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure about the Go Ring but the Glide washers help make the clutches run (work) smoother. No weight change is required since the Glide washer is under the spring (in the center) and not on the ramps / weights. They do change the spring stiffness a little but I didn't find that it was worth trying to find a different spring.

Dano. :face-icon-small-coo

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Glide washers let the springs not catch on the aluminum. They work great for spring bind. Helps spring life and runs smoother. They raise engagement ~50rpm per one. I usually use one behind each end of the primary spring. Been running them for about 10 years. Even just one in the clutch cover helps.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I found that the glide washers allow the primary to shift faster, lowering peak rpm all things equal. This is not a bad thing, but was not turn key in my experience on my polaris 800's

J
Jan 7, 2017
Thunder Products the original company has sold to two Guys who I believe had been working with thunder products clutch Dept for a while, If you go on Thunder products website there is a link to the New thunder products clutch company, I did order from the new company as well as the old and everything appears to be the same.

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
SLP also sells them. Their version is called the "Delrin Washer"

Per SLP's website:
SLP recommends only 1 Delrin Washer be used. If more than one washer is used it can affect spring rate as well as make the spring reach coil bind leading to poor top speed.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I personally wouldn't do Delrin washers in the primary. I do use one Delrin washer in the secondary though on Polaris sleds behind the spring cup. The Thunder products glide washers are metal and will hold up a lot better in the primary.

J
Jan 7, 2017
In my 800 I put the BikeMen 2 of them between the spring and spider, They are really thin and is what the recommend and I used the Go Rings

http://bikemanperformance.com/snowm...-smooth-shift-primary-washer-2-od-1-5-id.html

On my ZR 4000/500 I put one Glide washer from Thunder products between spring and spider which is what Lonn from Thunder recommends. and I also used the Go Rings.

Indy Dan rebuild a primary for me and he also used a Slick washer in the rebuild.

Premium Features