• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 M6 engine problems

M
Dec 3, 2007
I have a 2005 M6 that runs great the first day and starts running worst the next day. It cuts-out (for lack of a better term) not a bog. Mostly when I'm hill climbing at first then eventually down the trail. Every day it gets worst. Last year I put a temperature sensor in it, had a code for this. I've cleaned the power valves. New plugs. No computer codes. There is some condensation moisture in the air box. Mostly powder riding 8-10K feet. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

M
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion, but we've been running iso in the fuel and the air box didn't seem to be plugged with powder.

T
Jan 28, 2008
Lander, WY.
Are you sure that the snow vapor is not melting and pooling in the intake after a period of riding and stopping. Then as you head up the slope it is more likely to be ingested. I am convinced my M1000 is doing this. I am still investigating the issue.

M
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion Kelso.

We will try the kill switch.

If the TPS is bad or causing problems would it flash a code?

M
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks,

We were wondering the same thing, because there was some moisture in the airbox and the more consecutive days we rode the worse it got. The more the nose was inclined up hill it seemed to happen more often.

Thanks
Let me know if you get any more indication this is the problem.

Premium Features