• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will My Sleds Fit in This Clamshell Trailer????

B
Apr 22, 2013
I have my eye out on this Clamshell enclosed trailer. It's gonna be really close on this working. The trailer is stated to be 10' 2". We have two Polaris RMK's being 10' .75" What are your opinions?

It's hard to find these types of trailers used, and being I have a jeep wrangler unlimited, it simply can't tow too much, and these trailers would be ideal. (I'll be looking at it on Friday)

TIA

L
May 15, 2009
I would take your sleds if you can and check what room if any you have after they're loaded in there. IF it was me, I'd look for a 12' one, but that's just me.

B
Apr 22, 2013
I'm meeting up with the seller this coming Friday, and I'll be bringing both sleds. I would love to get a 12' but you just don't see them around here!

I don't have the budget for a new one, and really would like to keep the sleds covered when pulling them/staying overnight.

This would be a great alternative for having an enclosed trailer.

D

Dooitinct

Dec 7, 2014
I would say the sled will not fit. Anything longer then a 121" track would be tight.give it a try, but you can't stretch. 10' trailer. Sorry for the bad news.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
From what I have seen a 10' clamshell will not hold the 154+ sleds "usually". Now some of the designs are a bit different but as a general rule the "mtn sleds" usually need a 12'. Good Luck and hopefully they fit in the 10' for you.

B
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking no, but I decided I would try? I will find out on Friday, and update when I find out.

I do know the way the trailer is designed, it's slightly different then some of the trailers, as far as the shape of it.

Premium Features