• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 PRO RMK with Nytro turbo engine.

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
My NYPRO project.
Im putting a turbocharged yamaha 3cyl engine into a 2014 polaris pro rmk 163.
It's not really a nytro engine, it's from a 2005 rs vector. It has carillo rods and wiseco pistons. Since tuning carburetors sucks im going for fuel injection, i have baught nytro throttle bodys and a microsquirt engine management. I'll keep the ignition stock, new ecu only controls fuel and boost.
Plan is to keep changes to the pro rmk chassis to a minimum.

DSC_0743.jpg DSC_0744.jpg DSC_0751.jpg DSC_0741.jpg

S

Sabaton

May 23, 2013
Looks good! is there some particular reason for going with microsquirt?

Last edited:
M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
My guess would be that it's not retardedly over priced like some other options...

Sent From God Knows Where...

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
main reason for using microsquirt is the price, and the ecu is fully waterproof... not many other stand alone ecu's is.
after som reading i found out that mcxpress uses microsquirt for the extra fuelling on their turbo kits for yamaha... if it's good enough for mcx it's probably good enough for me.

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
Im buying parts for my project on ebay and breaker yards.
I have just got a hold of the top part of the tunnel, but since vin number is stamped into the tunnel side plates breaker yards in scandinavia is not allowed to sell them.

So...
I have done som mailing with Tj Patrick at Patric custom carbon fiber.
and he's going to make the sideplates for the tunnel from carbon fiber.
haven't seen any other pro rmk with carbon tunnel sides.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure what kinda boost your planning but got a feeling the torque of the 4 stroke Yammi is gonna turn that chassis into a pretzel

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
took the polaris drive shaft in my lathe and removed the spline so the yamaha secondary clutch would enter the driveshaft.
i'm thinking about cutting the yamaha driveshaft and the polaris driveshaft, make threads on them and screw the together.
probably easier to weld the two axle parts together, but then the axel may bend during welding...

DSC_0737.jpg DSC_0735.jpg

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
yesterday i did som work on the wiring for the microsquirt, just test wiring.
maybe ill power it up today and connect it to my laptop av se if i get signals from all the sensors.

DSC_0740.jpg

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
test fitted the Powderlites nytro intercoooler today, and it fits without any mods.
im also on the way to fab a battery mount behind the seat.
plan is to place turbo on the right side of the engine a litte higher than the boondocker turbo kits for pro rmk.
as you can see buiding a header is going to be a challenge. the header and mapping of ecu is going to be done by SHS Performance
www.shsperformance.no

rear mounted battery.jpg Not much room for header.jpg intercooler test.jpg

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
Today's NYPRO time went into modifying steering column and steering rod.
It now clears over the intercooler. steering is silky smooth with no notchy spots.
It's just tacked together, i'll do the rest of the welding on the steering tomorrow.

steering1.jpg steering2.jpg steering3.jpg steering4.jpg

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
I got inspired by Braap wraps red-black take off time wrap.
So I contacted Skinz Protective Gear and ordered Skinz NXT LVL front and rear bumpers, Skinz Airframe running boards and Skinz NXT LVL Dan Adams handlebars ..
Skinz are powdercoating these parts for me in custom colors, left side black and right side black bright red.

I have paint booth in my workshop so ALL the sled parts inc tunnel, skid, suspension and bulkhead are going to be painted black left side and right side bright red.

TNX Skinz Protective Gear for excellent service!!!

<cite class="_Rm">www.skinzprotectivegear.com/</cite>
http://braapwraps.com/

take off time.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
have you got the microsquirt running yet? is it a full standalone computer system or do you still have to use the nytro computer and harnesses?

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
I have done anything regarding the engine managment. My tuner wants me to go for a Link ecu, Microsquirt dont support sequensial fuelling.
Im working on the front engine mounts at the time.

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
HELP!! where can i get a custom jackshaft??
same measurements as original pro rmk shaft but with yamaha spline on the clutch side.

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
If i use the Polaris Pro RMK team secondary clutch....
-Yamaha clutch allignment?
-Yamaha belt?
-Can the Team secondary handle the power?
-Do i have to modify the Team secondary?

Im no clutching expert!!!!
But i know my setup from the Yamaha works.

Premium Features