• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pinnacle Studio 12 question

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I have created a movie and it is only 3 minutes 4 seconds. When I save it as a movie or mpeg4 format, the software thinks the movie is 15 minutes long. I get 12 minutes of black screen.

Makes the file very large and unable to send to youtube.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong

Alternatively, does anyone know of an active forum for video editing where I could find the answer

Thanks

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I tried pinnacle and it did weird stuff to the video.
I just use windows movie maker.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I tried pinnacle and it did weird stuff to the video.
I just use windows movie maker.

What program do you use to get it from the camera to window's, this friggen HD cannon camcorder is a pain in the azz. The only program I've found that worked is Vegas 8 but it saves in a format youtube doesnt recognize.

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
i dont like windows movie maker because it limits the size of clips and doesn't put them back together very well. also very limited graphics, capabilities.

I bought studio 9 from a forum member here but it locked up every 10 seconds. I upgraded to studio 12 and it is stable but i have this one issue. I cannot figureout how to tell it to end the movie at 3 minutes, 8 seconds instead of 14 minutes of black screen at the end.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I have created a movie and it is only 3 minutes 4 seconds. When I save it as a movie or mpeg4 format, the software thinks the movie is 15 minutes long. I get 12 minutes of black screen.

Makes the file very large and unable to send to youtube.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong

Alternatively, does anyone know of an active forum for video editing where I could find the answer

Thanks

Jumpcut.com - Jumpcut is a web based video editing software and now it's even part of the Yahoo! family. You upload a video or small clips just like importing inside a desktop software.

Premium Features