• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP!!!!! Projection Beam

G
Oct 16, 2008
Hey all, I have a 06 600 HO RMK and I just bought the Bullet Light for it. I was reading the instructions and it said to completely replace the entireharness and replace it with the one that came with it. So I just left the original alone and added the one from the kit. I dont understand! There's not a disconnect for the entire original harness is there? Can anyone help me out? Pics Please! Oh and I decided to just disregard that step and finish it up but when I started her up the light wasn't working. This may be a stupid question but, Is it just not working because I didn't toss the old harness? Or could the bulb possibly be a dud? Thanks!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
please guys help I'm want to get this figured out today. Thanks

I have the kit..havent had time to install it yet but according to the instructions the harness that comes with the kit ties into the factory harness..you must unplug some wires from the factory harness and then plug them into the new harness..

G
Oct 16, 2008
I have the kit..havent had time to install it yet but according to the instructions the harness that comes with the kit ties into the factory harness..you must unplug some wires from the factory harness and then plug them into the new harness..

Well then I must have different instructions because it says to "insatll the new wiring harness extension by disconnecting the entire old hood harness, including the plugs to the headlights and the speedometer. Discard." Thats step #8. So i did "unplug some wires from the factory harness and then plug them into the new harness" and I started it up and the light didn't work. Help please.

G
Oct 16, 2008
So what was it? :confused:

I'll be putting one in soon and am curious.

It was a really stupid mistake I just wasnt thinking. After you finish the install and start her up you have to press the hi/low beam button and it will work. I should stop working on my sled so late haha:D

Premium Features