• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check engine after dealer update.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
I ran my sled twice the start of this season. With 800 miles I took it in for the factory updates of 2017 and 2018. Now whenever I'm on hard bouncing trails I get a check engine light with codes p0113 p0107. I ran it to the dealer and they couldn't pull a code. That same day my 4 year old and I went on an hour ride and nothing happened. It ran perfect, but it was somewhat of a slow ride with my kid.*So I thought it was just a fluke. Today I went out and about 4 to 6 miles in on rough road I started getting check engine beeps with the code p0273. I rode around slow and I could ride, but only had 6000 to 7000 rpm. On the way to the truck the code cleared and ran good until we were almost to the truck. It again started beeping check engine in the whoops, but wouldn't stay on when I would stop to check the code.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Have them check your booster injectors/wires. Some 17s has issues with those. Depending on the scope of 17 to 18 updates your dealer performed, your machine May have been on the list for new wiring harness for booster injectors.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What he said. Sounds like loose wires, connectors, maybe exhaust rather than anything that an update could have caused. Just the timing of the problem is making you think it is.
Google all those codes and see what they are too. Weird that the dealer can’t pull them up tho.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
What he said. Sounds like loose wires, connectors, maybe exhaust rather than anything that an update could have caused. Just the timing of the problem is making you think it is.
Google all those codes and see what they are too. Weird that the dealer can’t pull them up tho.

I might be totally retarded but I cant find gen 4 codes online?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
P0273 PTO Boost Injector Circuit Low
Possible Causes:
- Wires at fuel injector zipped-tied too tight
- Fuel Controller
One of the guys in our group threw the P0273 code today. We checked his wiring at the boost injectors and it appeared it was too tight, as in almost stretching the wire. He cut the zip tie and straightened the wires going to the connector and his code went away.

This is what I found.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
P0273 PTO Boost Injector Circuit Low
Possible Causes:
- Wires at fuel injector zipped-tied too tight
- Fuel Controller
One of the guys in our group threw the P0273 code today. We checked his wiring at the boost injectors and it appeared it was too tight, as in almost stretching the wire. He cut the zip tie and straightened the wires going to the connector and his code went away.

This is what I found.
I will check that thanks.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
NAPA is supposed to have a good replacement connector with thicker gauge wire on it. At least that is what my dealer was telling me as we were talking about this very issue.

Can I ask why you are not looking to get it warrantied/ recalled from skidoo? There is a service/recall bulletin about this from Skidoo, pretty sure it still applies.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
NAPA is supposed to have a good replacement connector with thicker gauge wire on it. At least that is what my dealer was telling me as we were talking about this very issue.

Can I ask why you are not looking to get it warrantied/ recalled from skidoo? There is a service/recall bulletin about this from Skidoo, pretty sure it still applies.

When it started I took it in and they couldn't get a code so "all is well" tell I got in the rough bouncy terrain again and I'm out of my warranty period.

Premium Features