• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 165x3" on water

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
https://youtu.be/hPnVZpWVygkWell the snow absolutely sucks in Oregon finally got to try the 850 out on water. I'd say top speed is 25-30 mph. With the 165 x 3" track it doesn't pick up speed and doesn't loose speed. You can let off get back into the throttle and it pops right back up on top instantly. I would feel comfortable with a 100 yard pass on water but any longer yours gunna want to do some water protection. It lets water in pretty quick as expected but nothing to worry about for a short pass on water like this one. Me and my dad have been wondering how they would do if you needed to get accrossed water I would feel more then comfortable starting with the skies in water it gets right up on top. I didn't have the balz to lay it on it's side tho I got in a fight with 5 or 9 trees earlier that day and lost one of my intake pods & center console. Over all does pretty good on water if you need to take a short cut.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Nice. I like the jump into the lake at the start. What’s plan B if the belt gets wet? Cold swim or swift drowning?

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
850 on water

Nice. I like the jump into the lake at the start. What’s plan B if the belt gets wet? Cold swim or swift drowning?

Haha don't worry I had my avy bag on for safety haha. It's not my 600MXZRS 121" that why I stayed close to the bank if I can't doggy paddle 20' to shore it ain't ment to be. Figured I'd try it close to the cabin with a warm fire and friends before crossing water in the back country and ruining everyone's ride for the day. Snow is so low even the tree riding really isn't that fun, gotta do something fun every once in a while.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
I read an article about some guys riding sleds on a frozen lake with avy bags on. Ice broke, and the guy deployed his air bag to help him stay afloat in the water. The air bag on his back flipped him on his stomach and he drowned.

Premium Features