• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP preliminary HP numbers for 2011 Pro 800 w/SLP pipe

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
Thought some of you would like to see this. Keep in mind these are not production numbers, but are as the pipe sits in prototype form at this point. Final production numbers will be close to what we have now. We are very happy with how this project is developing and wanted to share our progress with the snow community. Check out our Facebook page for the latest information on this project.

From Facebook:
We are extremely excited about how the 2011 Polaris 800 single pipe development is coming along. It is showing great horsepower and torque gains on the dyno (11.1 hp & 6.1 ft/lbs of torque). This kit will consist of a pipe and silencer (no y-pipe), therefore the price will be reduced from what we printed in our catalog...; new pricing will be $579.95. We are currently working on production tooling, and based on the prototype pipe and silencer, it looks like we will be able to shave about 6 pounds off as well. This pipe set will also require the use of a DynoJet Power Commander V Fuel Controller. Click the link to view the most current dyno chart.

http://www.slp.cc/2011 Polaris 800 with SLP Single Pipe.pdf

Last edited:

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
We realize people want to know what SLP measured for factory HP. However, we will not be printing stock HP numbers for any units. This has been our policy for a couple of years now.
We use the dyno for the purpose of tracking our own information to develop a quality product and to share those gains with interested snowmobile enthusiasts.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
thanks for the info, your pipe last year brough 6 hp to my assault, should have been around 160hp, this one if running premium should put the pro RMK at 158 or so, that's good enough for me.

M
Sep 29, 2009
will you be selling it with the PCV ? how many $$ for the complete package? is there any clutching or gearing recomended? great work, excelent #s!!

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
How about the PCV for the 2011's? I would like to run one on the sled stock, but haven't heard of availability yet. Did you see lean issues again with this new motor?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
We realize people want to know what SLP measured for factory HP. However, we will not be printing stock HP numbers for any units. This has been our policy for a couple of years now.
We use the dyno for the purpose of tracking our own information to develop a quality product and to share those gains with interested snowmobile enthusiasts.

The pipe work is great news. You're still gonna do a hp and torque comparison curve chart, at least eventually, I suspect.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
We should have PCV's for the 2011 Pro in a week or two. The pipe kit will require some fuel changes so were will have a pre-made map for the PCV for a true pull the rope and go set up. We will also have some recomended clutch specifications as soon as we get the final testing done with a production pipe.

Pipe kit 09-891 $579.95
PCV 70-138 $369.95
Air intake 14-307 $59.95
Clutch Kit ????? $ 135-$200

Last edited:

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
The pipe work is great news. You're still gonna do a hp and torque comparison curve chart, at least eventually, I suspect.
2011-Polaris-800-with-SLP-Single-Pipe.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
How about the PCV for the 2011's? I would like to run one on the sled stock, but haven't heard of availability yet. Did you see lean issues again with this new motor?

I wouldn't say it has lean issues....hard to say at this point but it looks like we will be adding some fuel in the mid-range with the pipe.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
How does just the PCV do? It would be nice to see how the fuel differences alone measure up.

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
After seeing the air/fuel ratios of this engine, I don't think your going to gain a lot with just the PC V like you could the Dragons. This fuel mapping is pretty accurate from the factory, and is running in the low 13s. I would be surprised if you (SLP) are not having to add fuel on top as well as in the midrange if your pipe is moving much more air through the motor.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
This is great a new post with performance as the topic. Looks a little like the 6600 to 6800 rpm spot is still a little tough to tune around but overall it still has a nice broad band on the top end. What about peak RPM. I know you haven't completed your clutching yet but any clues beyond this chart on what these motors like to run at.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
What about the head? Has any testing been done with SLP's head?

The head will be in testing soon and we are hoping that the head we used last year will cross over to the 2011.

This is great a new post with performance as the topic. Looks a little like the 6600 to 6800 rpm spot is still a little tough to tune around but overall it still has a nice broad band on the top end. What about peak RPM. I know you haven't completed your clutching yet but any clues beyond this chart on what these motors like to run at.

You are correct ...the dyno shows about 8100-8200 but sometimes the final product will act different on the snow so we will just have to see how the final field testing goes. I am guessing 8150 will pull real hard(if the tach is accurate).

Which resistor are you using and was it ethanol or non-ethanol fuel used during testing ?

All testing up to this point has been performed with 91 (ron) non ethanol fuel and the non ethanol resistor installed. We are going to do some testing with E10 and the ethanol resistor plugged in just to make sure all is well.

Thanks for the interest guys:face-icon-small-hap,

Dustin

Last edited:
Premium Features