• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King cat or 1M 900 fuel mixture screw?

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Whats the deal? What does it control? Does anyone adjust it? I understand how jetting and carbs work but I dont understand what this extra screw does and how I can and should use it. The service manual only tells you to make sure they are the same. Lots of help there.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Rixter, its been 8 years since I ran carbs but I will see if I can splain it ,the way I inderstood the function of the screws as being 1 of 2 adjustments to the pilot circuit the other being the pilot jet so by turning the screw in it reduces the amount of idle air entering therefore riching the IDLE air mixture opening of course leans it out!! Kinda like the Idle/off idle circuit in an automobile carb. Seems to me that if you have to go more than 2 turns out your pilots are 2 big, I remember that when incorrect they can cause a bog from a dead stop !!!! Usually 3/4 to 1 turn equal will usually do the trick!! hope that helps!1 sh!t hope I remembered that right!!!! lol:confused::D

J

JENSEN BROS

Nov 27, 2007
ELKHORN
the brass screw is an air screw. it will add air to lean out your mix at low throttle. the white screw on the side is a fuel screw. which will add fuel to richen the low throttle use. if you have exhaust gauges you can tell how they work. about a half of a turn is around 100 degrees. i believe that i have my air screw set to two and my fuel screw set to 1.5 turns out. this is at 8-10k. centennial and togwotee. can make a very big difference in fuel economy and bog situation in deep snow. if your idle is to high then use the idle stop screw that controls both carbs. if you get both screws adjusted correct, you will have to hold on tight when you hit the throttle because the sled will jump out from under you in a hurry. if you want exactly what i have let me know and i will go to my sled and post it here. i run egt twin window gauges and will always run gauges because it is the only way that you can get your carbs adjusted perfect. i run about 800+ degrees at all times just off idle. this also helps when in the deep powder so you don't bog down. also put some foam over the carbs to keep them warm and snow off of them. this will also help the bogging down in deep powder. some carbs have coolant running through them to keep them warm. the foam acts as an insulator and protector to keep the cold snow off and engine heat in the carbs.

Premium Features