• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat servo motor?

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Got the limp mode/6 flash today. Checked wiring, all good. Servo motor is not doing anything. I can turn it (took off cover and can turn it by hand) but after a cool-down and 1/4 mile it's back to the flashing and no power. First question is other than the $320 servo motor is there anything else it could be? Second is how do you finish a bluebird day with 3'+ of untracked powder when this happens? :confused: Any advice would be much appriciated.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
3 weeks ago I had a servo motor error code also. After restarting the sled it ran fine the rest of the day. The next ride out I made it about 50 ffet from the truck. Sled died, lost tach, lights, hand warmers, basicly everything. After hours in the garage looking at wires I found it. Under the oil tank, wires had rubed through, grounded and fried my voltage regulator. Fixed wires, replaced voltage regulator. Went out yesterday, about 2.5 feet of fresh untracked powder. made it about a mile from the truck and got the servo motor error code. limped it back to the truck 50 feet at a time. Thats about as far as it would go before going into limp mode again. So, Now I am thinking that when those wires grounded it also fried my servo motor. Anyway, My point to all of this is CHECK YOUR WIRES !!!! I had actully looked at the wires under my oil tank twice before I actully saw the wires. Look again, make sure, the guys at cutlers say that is a comon problem with the 900 cat. the wires under the oil tank.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Moto-Tech, our local Cat dealer. If it was the ECU would there be more symptoms? Seems to me like there would...

Last edited:
U
Nov 26, 2007
SW Wyoming
King Cat

If you find out it is the ECU or Servo Motor, let me know. I may be able to help you. I have both, but they are for carb and I don't know if they are the same as EFI.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The servo motor is the same on all sled from 2004 through 2006, doesnt matter carb or EFI. I am pretty sure the ECU is different.

Premium Features