• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1996 Yamaha Mountain Max V-Max 600 (in Montana) 4 sale... Good Condition & low hours

R
Jan 21, 2008
Montana
1996 Yamaha Mountain Max V-Max 600 (in Montana) 4 sale... Good Condition & low hours

For Sale....1996 Yamaha V-Max/ Mountain Max...it says both V-max and Mountain Max on the factory decals on the sled tunnel (I believe that was the first year of the mountain max). It is black and red and it is a 600 fuel injected twin. It has hand and thumb warmers that work great. The seat is in good shape with no rips or tears. It is a 136 track and the track is still decent. There are no cracks in any of the plastic just your minor tiny scratches from riding that you will see on every sled that has been ridden. It it still 100% stock and untouched except for some small outer cosmetics and the clutch. It now has an Arctic Cat clutch and it also has aftermarket Bender shock covers and an aftermarket "Cobra" racing windshield. I will also include a pair of new aftermarket black grip runners for the tunnel and maybe install them as well if I get some spare time. It has a spare Yamaha factory belt and the factory tools are included as well. I have only ran the "Yamaha Oil" that was purchased at the yamaha dealership in it since I have owned it. The sled has the PERM Montana sticker and a free and clear Montana title. I am the third owner and originally it was sold brand new in Wyoming. The first person in Wyoming hit a tree with the front bumper and it sat for many years unridden after that. I bought it from the second owner who stored it and never did anything with it for eight years. After I bought it, I went out and replaced the hood & bumper (had a crack in it) and I replaced the belt, plugs, and ignition switch (lost the original key), and cleaned out the old fuel. I also replaced the ugly stock windshield (it originally had a cheesy tall clear yamaha windshield)..now it has the shorter tinted black cobra racing windshield that stands out and looks 100% better. The original odometer reads under 1300 miles when I purchased it and I was told that is actual miles but I have no way to prove it so I will have to say unknown miles. I then took it to Steve's Sports Center in Great Falls, MT (Local Yamaha Dealership) last year and had their mechanic go thru the entire sled. He cleaned and went thru the carbs and replaced the plugs and did some other basic maintenance (I still have all of the receipts for the work done).
A nice feature about that particular sled is it has the "smart carb" option and it is self-adjusted carb for the altitude so you do not need to rejet it when riding at different levels. This is the second 1996 Yamaha Mountain Max sled I have owned and both sleds have been very reliable and never left me broken down when riding. It would be the perfect sled for someone getting into snowmobiling or if you want a second less expensive sled to play on. It seems to start within two to four pulls everytime and it is pretty fast! I have three sleds and this one was only ridden twice last year. Once at West Yellowstone and once at Kings Hill. I don't "need" to sell it but I do not use it enough to keep it...by the way it has been garaged or stored in my enclosed trailer since I purchased it. It is ready to ride...just pull and go! I am asking $1750 or would consider a possible trade for a 4wd ATV in the same condition. It is a good price considering it's condition, low hours, and that it is still pretty much stock and very reliable! The sled is located in Great Falls, Montana and can be seen by appointment. Sometimes I go thru Helena or Bozeman for work so I might be able to work something out if you live there and buy it. I will see about getting some pictures. Please email Rsolyst@hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking! Ryan:)

R
Jan 21, 2008
Montana
have pictures now

I took some pictures this morning...not sure how to post them but I can email them to you if you would like to see it.....thanks:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features