• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat Water Pressure Blows Water Hose

I have a 2005 King Cat 900. I have installed this year a temperature sending unit (for AC temperature gauge) in the water hose at the top of the engine.
This past weekend, while traveling at about 7000 rpm, the water line at the top of the engine seperated with the hose clamp from the engine. I first thought the sqeeze clamp was weak and proceeded to replace with a "stonger" screw type hose clamp. Two days later, while traveling at the same rpm (for a period of 5-10 minutes) it blew apart again. By the way the temperature of the engine both times were around 115-120 degrees.
Has anyone experience this situation and what would be the remedy. I have some ideas what may cause this, but I interested to hear what your experience has been.
Thank you for your assistance.

S
Dec 27, 2007
You have a head gasket leaking. When a head gasket leaks compression into the head water jacket, it pressures up your cooling system usually overflowing the coolant resevoir. Or in your case, blowing a hose off. New head gaskets are cheap and easy to replace.

Premium Features