• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1992 440 sport help needed rebuilding

P
Feb 22, 2009
OK so I rebuilt this sled last season, got a new crank beacuse the old one died, put in all new pistons and gaskets and such. This was my first time from the ground up rebuild.

When i did it i didnt notice the pins on the bearings on the crank and that they had to go into the holes in the case. Anyways drove it maybe 6 times noticed it was getting loud again. So brought it home and ripped into it again.

Found that the outer two bearins on the clutch side on my new crank are done...and that the pins on the other bearings are messed up from not being in the holes. The case seems to be ok...

So my question is what would you do? Could i just get new bearings pushed on the crank and save the others even with the bent pins?? will this harm the engine case? do i need all new bearings?

Last time it was like 400 for the crank...cant afford to put that into this old sled and i am thinking of selling it so wont get the money back so do i repair and sell or just part it out....any help would be awesome

thanks

Premium Features