• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Pipe reviews?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Ok seems that everyone is putting a pipe and can on some even with controler. How do you get warranty work done if you need it? I get the can thing to a point for weight but IMO they are not worth it. I would challenge anyone to test before and after 9 times out of 10 a stock can on factory pipe will out pull the aftermarket one even with the extra weight. Lots of people say pull them off before heading in for warranty. With the electronics I think they could track it down with pipe set and controler.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I'm really just after a can on the 850 for a better cooker location hahaha. SLP or BMP here I come! A person has to eat, may as well eat well !! :face-icon-small-hap
of course, only if it's anywhere close to stock. As someone with hearing loss, I'm pretty picky about sound levels.. that and who really needs more people pi$$ed at us for being loud?

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
I’ve been awful impressed with the performance of my 16 with the slp pipe and can. Never ran it stock, but my riding partner has a twin to my sled. I’m pulling two grams more weight, consistently 250-300 r’s faster than his sled. Certainly not pump gas turbo power, but I’m happy for what it is. Excited to see how the twins do on the 850’s.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I’ve been awful impressed with the performance of my 16 with the slp pipe and can. Never ran it stock, but my riding partner has a twin to my sled. I’m pulling two grams more weight, consistently 250-300 r’s faster than his sled. Certainly not pump gas turbo power, but I’m happy for what it is. Excited to see how the twins do on the 850’s.

Pulling more Rpms but is it faster? Most pipe sets include clutching. Did you put pipe on with stock clutching? I like slp stuff also but I don't see the gains they see when I spend my money. The stock package has been pretty darn good from Polaris. Not every sled is created equal either.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Pulling more Rpms but is it faster? Most pipe sets include clutching. Did you put pipe on with stock clutching? I like slp stuff also but I don't see the gains they see when I spend my money. The stock package has been pretty darn good from Polaris. Not every sled is created equal either.

Yes. I put on the pipe/can set with factory clutching, just added weight. I figured I’d try it that way before I went to the slp clutching. Again, I never rode the sled with factory exhaust, slp from day 1. I was curious how the stock clutching would work. I’m sure I’m leaving some on the table, but I can hold 8350-8400 all day and haven’t had belt issues. I’m happy with it, but like you said every sled is different.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well, broke down and ordered a Straightline pipe Can setup. Curious to see how it does vs the SLP setup I ran in the past. WIll have some reports this weekend.

Premium Features