• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled weigh off

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
The alpha is kind of a different beast. I know there are more 'regular' models but I bet any one of those are close or heavier than the G4.

And the polaris sleds still bend a arms easier, have shocks that go to shlt faster, tracks that fall apart sooner and tunnels that bend easier. Still props on building them so light. They'll be light until you need to replace something. Somebody needs to push the envelope after all.

Speaking of envelopes, how about those Doo bulkheads??

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The AC tunnel folds like a tin can, and Polaris a-arms are new this year.
Rip off the back half of the tunnel on each and see who rides their sled back to the truck.... lol

cats tunnel is just for snow deflection. Doo and Poo have water all the way back to the snowflap....

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The AC tunnel folds like a tin can,

Not in my experience which includes a rack carrying two pairs of skis on a regular basis.

I do have a tunnel reinforcing bumper on my 2016 but have a buddy without who's had no issues carrying the same loads.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not in my experience which includes a rack carrying two pairs of skis on a regular basis.

I do have a tunnel reinforcing bumper on my 2016 but have a buddy without who's had no issues carrying the same loads.
17 mtn cat and all 2018+ Ms have a thinner rear tunnel section...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We all agree on that, except a few cat engineers. Try to compete with Poo and shave an ounce here and there.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The other was fine but this is a little more apples to apples. All close enough that it is meaningless other than a talking point. If everyone had electric start doo and poo would be about even. Doo might even be lighter. The alpha is the pig of the bunch and as usual Polaris is the lightest. Wish they would have had a 175 doo.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah apples to apples haha poo 174 434 vs doo 165 446 which holds 2 gallons less so add another 13-14 lbs so 25lbs difference with a longer track. A belt drive poo is 40- 50lbs lighter than comparable doo or cat in the same track length if u don't think that's a big difference take your brand loyalty blinders off.

My 45yr old wife doesn't need electric start I'll give props to doo for the no weight penalty of having it but it doesn't work all the time either.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
weird how the top of poo tunnels all have a saggy spot that a couple more rivets might fix

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Bulkhead bracing, shocks, internal tunnel bracing, wider A arms.

For what on Bracing it's the best thing on Yellow Snow ..

And only wide on the 38 one .. normal Freeride 154/165 are narrow but still the better shocks ..

IMOO . The 38 model is a gimmick so I you think you get more ! The 36s roll much better but still Sub

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yeah apples to apples haha poo 174 434 vs doo 165 446 which holds 2 gallons less so add another 13-14 lbs so 25lbs difference with a longer track. A belt drive poo is 40- 50lbs lighter than comparable doo or cat in the same track length if u don't think that's a big difference take your brand loyalty blinders off.

My 45yr old wife doesn't need electric start I'll give props to doo for the no weight penalty of having it but it doesn't work all the time either.

They weighed a 163 850 so, yes, apples to apples. They compared the same sleds. Polaris is lighter. No argument here but you want to take the lighter Polaris and compare apples to oranges and make it sound like a bigger deal than it is.
You don't add anymore weight. They are what they are. If one has more foam in the seat do you add that. Everyone should have added to the older sled because cat had 4 plugs. If they don't have enough gas they will have to pack gas. If you are so bent on it leave your sled 2 gallons short.
I'm just stating a fact on the electric start. Doo might be lighter if poo had electric start.if you don't like it don't buy it. There are a lot of people, including me and my wife, that do. I am also here to tell you that your sled won't go anywhere that mine won't because you don't have electric start. Also my cranky concrete shoulder will like it better. The shot has always worked. Never not worked so if one doesn't work it needs taken in.

Last edited:
Premium Features